HMS Hood

L

Laurie

The Hood. A just beautiful looking ship. This looks a big project Graham. I like big projects and you learn a lot about the subject.

Both her and the Bismark went to the same place. Shame. Save for a lucky shot she would be have given a good fight. Same with the Bismark a lucky strike stopped her the good old Swordfish. An amazing duel form beggining to end.

Look forward to seeing this ship. I was 3 years old at the time but cannot recall the incident.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Graham.

Any chance of a closer look at the wood decks?

Ian M

G

Graham D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Stunning work Grahame , I live those wood decks it makes a ship I think and they are quite easy to put on

Don't know if your interested but trumpeter have released a 1/200 scale Bismarck :smiling3: at a nice £189 :smiling3:

G

Graham D

Thanks for the comments. I agree Alan, the decks do help make the boat. I've seen the 1/200th Bismark, the only problem is the size of the model. Currently I can only make models no larger than the Hood as I am having problems fitting it on my desk!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yeah that's the problem I'm thinking of getting a shed for my work and putting my builds in the spare room as I'm running out of space myself.

G

Graham D

I am still progressing slowly with this model,but not helped by one of my cats knocking over an LCD tv, which ended up on top of the hood. So I have had to spend 4 hours repairing the damage done. Some of the photo etch was beyond repair, so I have ordered the Eduard set for the hood, to replace the bits that were damaged. More photos soon.

I also received the plans of the Hood in 1/200 scale. At this scale the Hood is huge.

G

Graham D

It must be. Luckly I did not have too much of the superstructure built, otherwise it would have been a lot worse

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Graham,I do'nt envy you with all that tiny pe to do! My eyes hurt just thinking about it. Shame about the damage,glad to hear it was repairable.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I am still progressing slowly with this model,but not helped by one of my cats knocking over an LCD tv, which ended up on top of the hood. So I have had to spend 4 hours repairing the damage done. Some of the photo etch was beyond repair, so I have ordered the Eduard set for the hood, to replace the bits that were damaged. More photos soon.I also received the plans of the Hood in 1/200 scale. At this scale the Hood is huge.
What a CATastrophe! sorry. They do seem to be at the head of things of late!

Could I ask where you got the plans for the Hood at 1/200 and what they cost.... Are they plans for building a model or just a drawing, if you know what I mean.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Graham

This is turning into a very interesting build and I'm really sorry to hear about the cat mishap. I hope the damage wasn't too bad, is easily repairable and the cat has been banished from the room!

I have the both the Hood and Bismarck in 1/700 with all the trimmings so I'll be following this build with great interest.

Looks fabulous so far

All the best

Paul

G

Graham D

\ said:
What a CATastrophe! sorry. They do seem to be at the head of things of late!Could I ask where you got the plans for the Hood at 1/200 and what they cost.... Are they plans for building a model or just a drawing, if you know what I mean.
Ian

They are drawings from http://profilemorskie.home.pl/ The cost is about 15 euros