L

Laurie

Very interesting project Graham.

Soon be finished then ?

Laurie

G

Graham D

\ said:
Very interesting project Graham.Soon be finished then ?

Laurie
No, I currently do not have much spare time, so progress is very slow, but I will get there; eventually

G

Graham D

A bit of an update

View attachment 84863

The eyelets are drilled into the deck using a 0.3mm drill bit. As you can see it will fun to get the rigging thread through the hole

View attachment 84864

The last bit of damage by my cat about to be fixed. Unfortunalety you can never get as good a finish with a repair as you get when the bits went together origninally.

View attachment 84865

View attachment 84866

I used a wash on the ribs of the top deck, does it look OK, or is it a bit much?

eyelets.jpg

superstructure8.jpg

superstructure9.jpg

superstructure10.jpg

L

Laurie

On the wash Graham I think it is ok and a nice idea. But I would tone it down a little so that there is not so much contrast on the light to dark colours.

Laurie

G

Graham D

\ said:
On the wash Graham I think it is ok and a nice idea. But I would tone it down a little so that there is not so much contrast on the light to dark colours.Laurie
Thanks, I will go over the wash with a thinned down base colour, which should tone it down

L

Laurie

I think that would be just right Graham. Always think if things draw your eye it has perhaps gone over the top a little.

Laurie

L

Laurie

Yes Graham that looks just right as it would be.

Lot of lockers ! Similar to the 20 seats on the Merlin. Three bits on each seat. Got long pieces of Tamiya tape. Folded them in half sticky edge out securing the free ends together. Fixed one to a large sheet of paper. Then seat bits I laid on the sticky side up. Airbrushed laid the sheet aside and 2nd coated 30 mins later.

Laurie

G

Graham D

\ said:
Yes Graham that looks just right as it would be.Lot of lockers ! Similar to the 20 seats on the Merlin. Three bits on each seat. Got long pieces of Tamiya tape. Folded them in half sticky edge out securing the free ends together. Fixed one to a large sheet of paper. Then seat bits I laid on the sticky side up. Airbrushed laid the sheet aside and 2nd coated 30 mins later.

Laurie
Thanks for the idea, I was going to use individual bits of blue tack, but this is far easier and quicker.

C

Caledonia

Coming along nicely Graham, didn't realise the work in one of these 1/350 Ships until I tried the HMS Roberts. Cheers Derek

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Graham, so much work in them,:rolleyes:

C

Caledonia

Nice work Graham, that's a lot of work you have been doing. Cheers Derek