HMS Sovereign of the Seas

S

steve244

looking really good john you have done a fantastic job on the planking very neat indead hope mine turns out the same when i start my Victory, have 50 issues saved up just now and one thing im still not sure about is the blocks on the cannon tho from what i have seen on the victory site they seem to me to be a bit too big ? what do you think john because im assuming they would be the same on both the SOTS and Victory kits

cheers steve

J

John Huggins

Hi Steve thanks for ur kind comments, as for the cannon blocks i assume you mean the hight adjuster at the back of the cannons,

View attachment 72180

I don't think it's over size maybe just a tad to long, what u think.

John

O1 CANNON.jpg

J

John Huggins

Sorry Steve i just twigged what u mean by blocks you ment rigging blocks Derrrr. yep they are a little oversized.

John

S

steve244

hi John yes it just seemed to me they looked a bit big but having only photos to go by and you have already constructed ur cannons you would know better than me but time will tell i suppose when i get it started and reach that stage

cheers steve

C

cryton 5

hi jonh like progress ,i myself started on planking ,looking too get too for this picture's in due course

just too say ,coming on keep in there fellow ship mate cry !!

J

John Huggins

This post is just to let you know it has not been binned, it's all packed away nice & safe for a later date, I have completed up to issue 33 and have just received issue 117 and just received the setup for the masts.

View attachment 97861

View attachment 97862

Till next time,

John

P1090267.JPG

P1090269.JPG

S

steve244

Hi John

Glad to see your still keeping up with it,what do you think to the quality of the kit overall ?. Not started my victory yet but upto issue 110 now and hope to start her later in the year.

cheers steve

J

John Huggins

Hi Steve, overall I would say it's outstanding quality, this thing will weigh a tonne when finished, all of the figures & decorations are made of cast white metal.

There's more types of wood than I can count, so on the hole top notch.

Good luck with yours & look forward to your build thread.

John