HMS Victory

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers. Hope I don't bore you, will probably take me ages. Martin
Martin you wont bore us far far from it as my 1/72 scale HMS TIGER build took me 4 yrs on here an its up to 250 pages in ships under contruction so you have no worryies on that account an looks a really good build but you say your build is 1/72 an i thought it would be huge but in your pics it dont look so big as i thought it would be but maybe just me but you are doin a great job an have fun
ATB
Chrisb

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Martin you wont bore us far far from it as my 1/72 scale HMS TIGER build took me 4 yrs on here an its up to 250 pages in ships under contruction so you have no worryies on that account an looks a really good build but you say your build is 1/72 an i thought it would be huge but in your pics it dont look so big as i thought it would be but maybe just me but you are doin a great job an have fun
ATB
Chrisb
Nice to know Chris. Martin

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Martin keep look out for MATRON as she sometimes visits new members to check you out an try out her new blunt big needles Aaaaaaaccccchhhh lol :rolling: ;) :crying:
chrisb

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
AN Martin keep look out for MATRON as she sometimes visits new members to check you out an try out her new blunt big needles Aaaaaaaccccchhhh lol :rolling: ;) :crying:
chrisb
Are you the Matron? You seem to be checking me out. Martin

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Are you the Matron? You seem to be checking me out. Martin
NO THANK Gawrd Martin im not MATRON im just tryin to warn you as J/R will post a pic of her soon you ask all the guys an they will tell you she seems to live near J/R LOL AN TO BE FEARED GREATLY Aaaaaaccchhhhh ps she caught spanner 570 in the b+m with her blunt needles lol
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Will be following with interest, built a few in my late teenage years (many moons ago) but could never get the last few planks right and don't start me on the rigging, anyways all the luck Martin :smiling3:

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Will be following with interest, built a few in my late teenage years (many moons ago) but could never get the last few planks right and don't start me on the rigging, anyways all the luck Martin :smiling3:
Thanks Bri. I think I shall need it. Martin

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
That is great start Martin, just take one step at a time, and if I can do it anyone can.
Cheers
Garry

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Take the dog out while I'm waiting. Cheers Martin.

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_102811041.jpg
    IMG_20230508_102811041.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230508_102757285.jpg
    IMG_20230508_102757285.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 20

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Martin can you please fit on full size pics as i cant see these small thumbnails all that well
chrisb

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Double planking, I've seen a Russian lady builder Babarov, Babushka, Bacharov or something like that on Youtube doing double planking on some of her wooden ships. The under layer almost seems rough until the second layer goes on. Then the trimmings.
How many planks can you average in a day Martin? So much work just to get the skin done. Hat tipped.

Cheers,
Wabble