HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes Chris...Railfans are some of the most interesting and crazy people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know. When I lived in California and I was a member of the NMRA and a local Model Railroad club, there was an event held once a year called "Winter Rail". The event was held in a Huge hall with a Flea Market, Model Contests, Displays and an All Day Slide Show with non stop images of Rail Roads and related topics from mostly, but not limited to the U.S. All year long these people would travel the country searching for RxR topics to photograph with their trusty 35mm cameras. Apologies to you Paul I didn't mean to steal your thread. Rick H.
Many thanks Rick for tellin me I got it right about the rail fannin as I love to watch trains an had a big M/R layout myself an I would have loved to have been at that Winter Rail must have been great day out an on april the 4th I have a fair sized model railway show on an PaulE an you Rick would you like me to take some photos of the layouts an put them on a thread on this foreum ?
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
None needed Rick. Hung out w/some a while back when I first arrived in Dayton. Some were real RR experts, some were amazing photographers, some just liked to get outside to tip a few in company & some were like me who just wanted to see the real thing we were modeling. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Peter. As can be seen in the pipe schematic this is turning out to be more difficult than I had originally planned. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Peter. As can be seen in the pipe schematic this is turning out to be more difficult than I had originally planned. PaulE

What is it goin to be a oil refinery PaulE as its lookin good plenty of complex pipes goin into tanks an such
chris

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul

A pipe more or less and nobody would ever know. Great feat of plumbing all the same.

John

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris, apparently there is method to the madness as this is taken from a very small portion of a much larger refinery complex. No cookers, boilers or flame towers. This is mostly additives & filters at the end stages.
John, true, but it would nag at me, thank you. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
That is an excellent piece of scratchery, good luck with the plumbing.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Scottie. The most difficult part so far is trying to decide which set of pipes will have enough components 12", 8", 6", or 3". 12" is too big & no valves, 2" is too small to see it's fine details from any distance, so it looks like 8" for output to storage, 6" for most of the plumbing & 3" for smaller plumbing. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thankfully, almost all the fittings & pipe are molded in silver. I have a new respect & admiration for plumbers as I have to measure, measure again, cut, dry fit, cut, dry fit, etc. to get my plumbing to fit properly. Although I'm getting better at it. PaulE