HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Starting to work east tunnel portal positioning. The first shot shows the wheel flange lubricator as well.
A couple shots of the bridge complex. Remember, I shortened the plan by 7' so this was a better fit to that plan. A whole farm was eliminated as well.
View attachment 406231
View attachment 406232
View attachment 406233
View attachment 406234
View attachment 406237
PaulE
HI PaulE, wow scenery is coming along nicely , I like your rock cutting the way you have done it, well done keep the pics coming.
I am at a stand still too dam hot here , Thursday is the only days I can finish off my approach module .Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Tony hope you gettin on ok an a crackin job Paul
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Working the South tunnel portal area & some clean-up (closing up open areas & adding some access panels). PaulE
100_2656.JPG
100_2653.JPG
100_2654.JPG
100_2655.JPG
You can see the handles on the access panels. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOVE what you are doin PaulE its comin on great an a good idea of the inspection hatches great work keep it up this is gonna be a mega rail road layout
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. Some progress pics.
Time to startup tree assy line. Hazy Dark, Lt Grn, & Med Grn flock with 80/20 PVA dip in blu dish. Dip top of "never die" in PVA solution, drain holding upsidedown, then sprinkle drk grn on under of head, hold upright & sprinkle med grn on head top to cover, then sprinkle lt grn on top of head to taste. Punch into styrofoam blk to dry.
100_2657.JPG
Some finished trees. Lonely two on top will not remain.
100_2666.JPG
Some more added by shanty & elevator. Sceniced foam blocks are to extend view blocks over continuous run.
100_2665.JPG
Island of interest:smiling:.
100_2664.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great looking trees Paul.....your "garden" skills will certainly be one of the crowning achievements on the finished product. :thumb2:
Rick H

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. Pete, I think its' real name is Sedum. A flowering plant that comes in different colors & growing heights and is almost impossible to kill once established, hence its' local nickname. PaulE

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Agreed ref great trees. They look fine, especially as you will be planting them in numbers....great production line idea as well.

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Wow! Catching up on recent posts and I am seriously impressed with the cadence and quality of your work.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

This looks amazing now. Can only imagine what it will look like once finished.

Keep up the good work.

ATB

Andrew

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul

Fantastic work...I have always really enjoyed train layouts..as a little kid I recall going to my grandparents house to see a train layout that my grandfather built ..I think it was the same scale train layout that you are doing here...he built a platform (pretty large in size..(maybe 8- 10 feet wide by 12-15 feet long) that was a replica of a small town where he grew up near Pittsburgh...always loved going up to his house to see it and watch the trains and to watch him scratch build buildings, bridges, train cars, etc.. I think he is the one that got me started in model building as a kid and I think I picked up some of his skills for scratch building structures.. Keep up the great work and I am definitely going to follow along.. glad I found this thread.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Joe, stop by when your in the neighborhood. PaulE

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

As always another impressive update.

Keep up the most excellent work.

ATB

Andrew

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. First layer of "blacktop" pavement applied to parking lot & access roads to station, mine complex & supply buildings. PaulE
100_2676.JPG
100_2677.JPG