hobby Boss Il-2 Sturmovik

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've just got up to date with your build Vaughan and very nice it is too.

Great job on the paint,I'm looking forward to seeing it matted down and finished.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks amazing now vaughan , beautiful work , cheers tony

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
At last I've made a start with those Rockets and bombs, I was unsure of the colour they were painted but managed to find a site that had the info I needed plus also some help from Wikipedia. Anyway they are painted. I ended up using a reference from Wikipedia for the final colour.

Here are the links for the Russian armament Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord which might be useful to others. The next step is fit the rockets, bombs and then on with the bomb bay doors and spring hinges, they look like they will be a real fiddle.

vaughan

View attachment 52099

View attachment 52100

View attachment 52101

View attachment 52102

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Screen shot 2012-08-16 at 13.31.09.jpg

B

backonthecase

Blimey, can't believe I've just checked in on this! Great stuff Vaughan, been reading the early stages and this fits right in with my experience of Hobbyboss 1/48 tanks (scaled down from Trumpy 1/16 scale ones). Lots of details and "cool stuff" but a bit of hard work to make it fit....

Good work, looking fantastic!!

Stuart

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks for that Stuart. Yes it's been a bit of a struggle in places but I'm in the home straight now and all's looking good. Once the bombs and bomb bay doors are on it's just the pitot tube and ariel mast to fit. A quick squirt of flat coat and I should be there.

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi All

All the bomb bays and dangly bits have been added and she is now finished . I have posted the photos in the Aircraft Pictures Section. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/aircraft-pictures/16618-finished-hobbyboss-sturmovik-il-2-a.html#post136785. Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

Vaughan

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
At last I've made a start with those Rockets and bombs, I was unsure of the colour they were painted but managed to find a site that had the info I needed plus also some help from Wikipedia. Anyway they are painted. I ended up using a reference from Wikipedia for the final colour.Here are the links for the Russian armament Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord which might be useful to others. The next step is fit the rockets, bombs and then on with the bomb bay doors and spring hinges, they look like they will be a real fiddle.

vaughan
Hi Vaughan. Been watching this - great work as always. Got a question though if you don't mind. On the picture of the real rockets it shows that the 'collar' just in front of the fins is painted to match the fins. You've left yours the same colour as the body of the rocket though. Just wanted to know why.

Gern

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Dave, well spotted the real rocket photo I posted was to show the colour but the photo is in fact an RS-82 and not an RS-132 that's fitted to my Sturmovik. Here's a line drawing of the RS-132 with out the collar painted.

Vaughan

View attachment 52248

RS-132 Rocket.jpg