"Horror"...The supply wagon...

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
This deserves a thread of it's own, probably one of the most detailed, and thoroughly thought

out elements of the dio....(thinking as I go :D )

Still vary raw and conceptual at the moment, couldn't resist giving a quick look-see to the folks.

Not going to use the figures from kit as they look like they are about 3 to 5 scales larger than the others in project:confused:, but I'll grub up a few others from the scrap stash and see what I can do with

them:oops: Very difficult to imitate splintered wood in plastic and I'm not entirely satisfied thus

far, I'll keep tweaking away a bit more:rolleyes:.....Sorry..... but 20mm AP rounds and missile splinters vs

horse flesh is not a very pretty sight......but War is Hell! :eek:.....Cheers!....Jim:smiling3:

100_6002.JPG

100_6011.JPG

100_6013.JPG

100_6010.JPG

100_6012.JPG

100_6014.JPG

100_6015.JPG

100_6016.JPG

100_6017.JPG

First Name
Aaron
Looks like the Dremel has had a workout. Very effective result.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very nice start on this one Jim

To do the sprinters Jim couldn't you use a hot pin then just place the tip into the part you want to make look like splinters then slowly pull it out which should pull out a little splinter of plastic out and just stop pulling at the size you want.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Looks like the Dremel has had a workout. Very effective result.
I wish I had a Dremel Aaron, most primitive of tools do I posses. A cordless drill, half a hacksaw blade a decent pair of nippers, my boundless morbid imagination and a hot knife are my only weapons. That is a very good idea for Grumpy's birthday though (hear that Chriso_O) I refuse to give in to the "git er done " mentality, as a hobby to me is something you work at for pure enjoyment. Early spring (thank God) means outdoor duties but I shall carry on amidst the trials:rolleyes:

winston_churchill_quote.jpg

.....Cheers!......Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
My wife got me a dremel novus for a father's day gift. Time to drop hints and leave pamphlets where Chris can see them ;)

But to be honest, it looks like you don't need one.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking the look of this Jim,the wagon had been hit very hard,and the pore house,s, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
A very nice start on this one Jim
To do the sprinters Jim couldn't you use a hot pin then just place the tip into the part you want to make look like splinters then slowly pull it out which should pull out a little splinter of plastic out and just stop pulling at the size you want.

I hope you can understand what I mean.
I completely understand what you are talking about and to tell the truth I never thought of using a "pin" or needle as all of this destruction stuff is still new to me but rest assured I shall use you great idea for sure, thanks again.....Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
liking the look of this Jim,the wagon had been hit very hard,and the pore house,s, ;)
Thanks much Monica, the Missus declines to even look at my work on this one, animal lover that she is, even though I try to explain to her that it is a tribute to the innocent and trusting sacrifices

that these noble creatures made to the war efforts of mankind weather for wrong or right, they knew not the difference..... It has fallen upon deaf ears though I'm afraid:oops:

I still love her though:D...........Jim:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I must agree,even as I,m a animal lover as well,I do know and have seen countless footage of the very same thing,

I don,t like it,but it did happen,

and how about what the Russians did with the dogs,not only food and boots but ,attack bombs also,so its just war ;)

and the lines from the movie,Fury where he said about shooting horse for 3 days after d,day, :confused:

your doing a great job of this and I real do like it so, ;)

was thinking if you need wood splinters,use balsa,and scratch it out with a blade, :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

I think you have done a damn fine job with the splinters.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I think you have done a damn fine job with the splinters.
Thanks Ralph, I won't fret them too much and Ian's idea will definitely help to detail them a bit more, plus once finishing touches are added when finally in place (added splinters plucked about) I'm sure it will all blend in nicely;) Balsa is a great medium for such effects (thanks Monica) will have to grab some at the craft shop...........Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Looking good Jim,a bit gory but that is war.
Only a "bit" gory? Well my good fellow, I shall definitely have to do something about that:eek::rolleyes:.......Cheers....Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I must agree,even as I,m a animal lover as well,I do know and have seen countless footage of the very same thing,
I don,t like it,but it did happen,

and how about what the Russians did with the dogs,not only food and boots but ,attack bombs also,so its just war ;)

and the lines from the movie,Fury where he said about shooting horse for 3 days after d,day, :confused:

your doing a great job of this and I real do like it so, ;)

was thinking if you need wood splinters,use balsa,and scratch it out with a blade, :smiling3:
Regarding the lines from "Fury" about having to spend days putting those poor broken creatures out of their miseries has stuck with me. I shall definitely create a "mini" scenario within the main theme

to include such a tragic scene, thank you for that vision Monica, your boundless imagination is always an inspiration;) Most American soldiers were from rural back rounds and their love for horses can not be denied, it must have been very painful indeed to have participated

in such sad duties:sad:, I'm sure killing the Hun:mad: was a much more tolerable task..................Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
This deserves a thread of it's own, probably one of the most detailed, and thoroughly thought
out elements of the dio....(thinking as I go :D )

Still vary raw and conceptual at the moment, couldn't resist giving a quick look-see to the folks.

Not going to use the figures from kit as they look like they are about 3 to 5 scales larger than the others in project:confused:, but I'll grub up a few others from the scrap stash and see what I can do with

them:oops: Very difficult to imitate splintered wood in plastic and I'm not entirely satisfied thus

far, I'll keep tweaking away a bit more:rolleyes:.....Sorry..... but 20mm AP rounds and missile splinters vs

horse flesh is not a very pretty sight......but War is Hell! :eek:.....Cheers!....Jim:smiling3:
What an achievement Jim it looks great.

This is going to be great when it's on the base.

You have really done your homework on this dio

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
total agree Jim,it was such a sad affair as well,

and there was another shot of a old lady ,getting the meat of the rump of a dead horse as well,which ,I have not seen in

a movie before,and as you said the lad would of found it easier to kill someone,than to be killing critters,and the same

was with the light horseman in the 1st ww,where they shot there horse ,than leaving them to the egyption,and I under stand

why they would do such a thing,a very sad affair,but it did happen,and I,m glad that you do have the xxxx to show it,

great job so far, :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

The more I look at this the more I think about what an excellent modeller you are.

The work you are putting into this is amazing. :D