"Horror"...The supply wagon...

S

Stevekir

Really good detail, and a convincing overall look. My only suggestion for the Panzer would be to have a little more variation in colours or lightness of the items attached, such as the canvas bags, rolls and netting. But a good model.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great detail with this ,real like the mangled mess your mad, ;)

and the darkness ,but still showing the horror,o the horror, :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
The more I look at this the more I think about what an excellent modeller you are.
The work you are putting into this is amazing. :D
Thanks so much Ralph, higher praise than I deserve coming from someone with your skillset, I am truly honored:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
great detail with this ,real like the mangled mess your mad, ;)
and the darkness ,but still showing the horror,o the horror, :D
Thank you Monica, had a terrible dream last night involving a car crash (someone else not known to me) and witnessing the resultant carnage and woke up abruptly and upset:confused:

The missus says I've been dwelling in the macabre for far too long researching and working on dio:eek: She may be right:oops: Think I'll take a nice walk in the woods today and listen to the birds:rolleyes:

th?&id=OIP.Mbae0a0fa26f6f164dcc5a95e37b6ba07o0&w=300&h=200&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

C

chris2681

The horses and wagon are coming along nicely. Your really amping up the gore with this one. I gotta walk over and check it out in person.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
The horses and wagon are coming along nicely. Your really amping up the gore with this one. I gotta walk over and check it out in person.
winston+churchill+quotes.jpe

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thank you Monica, had a terrible dream last night involving a car crash (someone else not known to me) and witnessing the resultant carnage and woke up abruptly and upset:confused:
The missus says I've been dwelling in the macabre for far too long researching and working on dio:eek: She may be right:oops: Think I'll take a nice walk in the woods today and listen to the birds:rolleyes:

View attachment 151264
it is nice from time to time,to do that and clear your head,and mite even get to see some polecats playing about in the morning light, :D

what a nice pic,I do like seeing what birds come i the backyard then look down a see a cat licking it lips,oh how sweet my killing

girl cats are,:confused::eek: :D

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Final paint on Panzer,:oops: bit better light, horses seem done I guess and wagons coming along....Gotta get some HO scale veggie stuff and would still like to add more figures.
This is amazing Jim.

The quality in the detail is just stunning.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
This is amazing Jim.
The quality in the detail is just stunning.
Thanks Stuart, taking my time, I only just did some layout work and realized I probably don't need any more figures really.

Base seemed to fill up rather nicely when placing semi completed elements to it, except for the odd additional casualty or American, I'm pretty much done with them.

I don't want to crowd it up too badly, I will now concentrate on the base itself;)................Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Thanks Stuart, taking my time, I only just did some layout work and realized I probably don't need any more figures really.
Base seemed to fill up rather nicely when placing semi completed elements to it, except for the odd additional casualty or American, I'm pretty much done with them.

I don't want to crowd it up too badly, I will now concentrate on the base itself;)................Jim:smiling3:
I do agree that to much could spoil a scene by making it to busy ,less is more so they say.

Whatever you decide I am sure it will be great.

Really can't wait to see this come together on the base Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hey guys, was going to wait a bit more before posting this element of dio, still much to do on this particular piece. Just thought I'd give a little look to yuz.

Very busy outdoors, why the slow pace..............Jim;)

100_6177.JPG

100_6178.JPG

100_6179.JPG

100_6180.JPG

100_6181.JPG

100_6182.JPG

100_6183.JPG

100_6185.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That's looking great Jim even if you just posted that piece alone it's just stunningly real looking I'm really looking forward to more

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on this part Jim,you have real ,just gotten that moment,I think,do like it,

very well done, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

It's like Ian said.

Your eye for detail is brilliant.

Just loving this Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
That's looking great Jim even if you just posted that piece alone it's just stunningly real looking I'm really looking forward to more
Thanks much Ian, will be putting more time into project now as I'm getting a bit tired of it not moving along. Thanks always for your kind attention.............Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
great work on this part Jim,you have real ,just gotten that moment,I think,do like it,
very well done, ;)
Thanks Monica , your idea has added much emotional content to my project, I would have never thought of it myself;)...........Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
It's like Ian said.
Your eye for detail is brilliant.

Just loving this Jim.
Thanks Ralph, After this dio I think I'll dabble in making small vignetts but I would like to work in a bigger scale than 1/35. I would love to start sculpting my own creations, just need to look into types of clays that can be used that would either self harden over a short period of time or that one can "bake" for lack of a better term so that painting can be achieved. Would like to make my own figures in at least 1/6 scale.

Of course my creations will be dark and horrid :D This struck me as maybe a first attempt

PhotoWW1-00MilitaryGermanSoldierSomme.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
agree with Ralph,would like good,

as for air drying clay's,I got some a few weeks back ,and its just junk,to dry,and crumbly ,

so need to try some different one,as I only got a small packet of it to try, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
agree with Ralph,would like good,
as for air drying clay's,I got some a few weeks back ,and its just junk,to dry,and crumbly ,

so need to try some different one,as I only got a small packet of it to try, ;)
Well I did a bit of research and found that there are two types of clays; water based and oil based. the oil base never hardens and the water based dries over time. You can make it in small batches

and as long as you keep a spray bottle near to control drying time one should be ok. It would be a big step for me to even contemplate such a venture into the unknown but something tells me I can

make a go of it. No rush though but Ralphs (SWR) awesome figure work in a larger scale has captured my imagination, though I'm sure no kit exists for the atrocious abominations

I wish to create:eek:................Jim:smiling3: