I.D.F M113 Fitter

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good in paint Mike, those tracks must really test your patience.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Far better with that idea of the copper wire than those resin pins, and give me time to answer the bloody phone !:tongue-out3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mike

Sorry got behind on this. Looking very good indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Stuff like this gives we novices something to aim at, and that's an understatement. The attention to detail, the skill, inspiring. Thank you.
Andy,
Many thanks for the comment. I am pleased it gives you inspiration. If there is anything you want to know more about please contact me, and I will be pleased to answer if I can.
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Looking good in paint Mike, those tracks must really test your patience.
Hi Graeme
Actually they have gone together fairly well, but when cleaning up it reqires the touch of a feather. I think it could be related to just this set or sets with such fine contact points. I have checked them against two other sets and they seem ok. So do not let the damaged links put you off, as i said you do get spares.
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Far better with that idea of the copper wire than those resin pins, and give me time to answer the bloody phone !:tongue-out3:
Well get out of bed, but first put down the cuppa and the cream doughnut, you know she does not like all that sugar coating in the bed:tears-of-joy: I tried the plastic rods, but they really just did not want to go in the holes unless I drilled them and that was not going to happen.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Had a problem with reading after the last update, I confused 'satin varnish' with 'matte varnish'. There I was spraying away, head in the clouds and kept looking at the varnish going on the model, it just did not appear to be behaving. So finished and was in the process of cleaning up and watching the varnish pool on the model when a quick glance at the model revealed all :fearful:. So what to do! As the varnish was still soft and was not an hour old I reloaded the airbrush with airbrush cleaner and put the model through my version of the car wash, this was followed with a solution of washing up liquid and clean water plus 24 hours in the airing cupboard. And here we are back to normal :smiling6:.
During the drying time I tidied up the bench, cursed my lack of attention and decided to make up a base which consists of a piece of 9mm MDF with a border of wood strip about 12mm wide glued on all sides, clamped and left to dry - that worked fine.
Today I gave the whole model a spray with matte varnish, and wife and dogs have now returned from the bomb shelter.... This was left to dry out in the airing cupboard and tonight I started to add the pigments. Using a couple of photos of a real vehicle/ground colour, I mixed pigments to near enough the same colour allowing for colour variation by the camera and time of day...
20210328_205832.jpg
20210328_205817.jpg
20210328_205901.jpg
... And this is where I am tonight, still some pigments to add and some still to remove to obtain the look I am after.
Cheers
Mike.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This is modelling at its Very Best !! Apologies for not commenting earlier.
John.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Just a couple of pics to show the build has progressed a bit more, the HIAB is now in place as well as other bits and pieces.
20210401_170945.jpg
20210401_171004.jpg
20210401_171028.jpg
20210401_171057.jpg
Getting there....
Cheers,
Mike.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Olderthanme,

And here I was thinking you were still asleep on the back of the couch!!!......Absolutely phenomenal work Sir. Your attention to detail is impeccable. Totally outrageous build Mike!!!............

Prost
Youngster

Oh, and don't forget where to send the check.................................

Gary G

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
WoW. What show will you be displaying this in Mike?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks about as realistic as you’re going to find them, I’d say.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Wow Olderthanme,

And here I was thinking you were still asleep on the back of the couch!!!......Absolutely phenomenal work Sir. Your attention to detail is impeccable. Totally outrageous build Mike!!!............

Prost
Youngster

Oh, and don't forget where to send the check.................................
Hello Youngsterpersonthanme,
Not allowed to sleep on the couch anymore, my snoring interferes with the tv reception and keeps the dogs awake.
Check is bouncing its way to you as we speak.
Good to hear from you.
Take care Youngster
Cheers,
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
WoW. What show will you be displaying this in Mike?
Hello Gary,
This will be shown along with other builds at the 202??? MAFVA Nationals whenever that is, hopefully next year.
Mike.