I.D.F M113 Fitter

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
She’s sure fine looking man, she’s somethin’ else....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is that board on the hull front a table that can be set up for more working space?

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Is that board on the hull front a table that can be set up for more working space?
Hi Jakko,
Yes it folds down and the two legs are located in attachment points next to the tow hooks which are not on the model yet. In all the reference books I have, I have yet to see it in use. What you are looking at is the underside of the bench, with the two white rods being the legs that are hinged at the top as you look, these are then located and a simple pin is slotted through a hole on each leg.
Cheers,
Mike.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ah, it’s attached to the nose so it only needs two legs. I thought it was entirely separate and just stored on the glacis plate — which left me wondering why it would need a slot cut out for the engine compartment hatch handle.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Pity you didn't catch the battle with the skip lorry. :smiling3:
It's the poor bloody car drivers trying to get out of the road without getting rammed from the front. But what you cannot see is that on the right side of the picture there is actually a van parked there and you cannot see around it , so if there is a bus coming it is you pays your money and you takes your chance....

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Ah, it’s attached to the nose so it only needs two legs. I thought it was entirely separate and just stored on the glacis plate — which left me wondering why it would need a slot cut out for the engine compartment hatch handle.
Sorry I should have explained that, so looking from the side this would be the bench \ and then the engine cover follows / in these directions.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
And a bit more going forward The hull is almost complete with just the top bits and pieces to finish off...
20210316_151854.jpg
And the rear...
20210316_151930.jpg
The HIAB was next on the to do list, first was the assembly which required a little bit of re-modelling to get the folded arms to look correct and how it would sit when stowed. This was a simple case of cutting the lower piston arm and tube down in length.... Then the details started to be added..
20210316_151909.jpg
Here are the left and right side with 'pipes' added...
20210316_151846.jpg
And this is what it looks like after a coat of primer....
20210316_153506.jpg
20210316_153530.jpg
The ends of the pipes will fit into the holes that were drilled in what seems a long time ago.
Once again many thanks for the comments as always very welcome.
Cheers.
Mike.

Gary G

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
The clip on the hook, the coil on the hose, impressive detail.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Don't know what to add. It is quite superb - very inspirational build.
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very good work. All the hoses on that crane really make it come to life.