Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks chaps.
I have sploshed some gloss over the bottom and will do the top tomorrow before my dentist appointment!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry been far to hot to work in the hobby room. or the garden for that matter. High summer is for me due to the placement of the hobby room, an early morning late afternoon thing, When it is really hot the sun cooks paint and glue off before I can get to work with it!
Anyway.
I did get the top painted before the visit to the dentists :tired: I even got the decals done. Like a nob, I forgot to photo the process. Well you all know how decals work.
They went down quite well and as normal on a Spitfire the rondel on the underside of the wing has to fight with a vent. Not sure which one won, I did have to touch in a few bits of white so I guess the vent won...
Here are a few teasers. There are a few more to be found in the completed section:

20220628_120546.jpg20220628_120659.jpg

Comments welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry been far to hot to work in the hobby room. or the garden for that matter. High summer is for me due to the placement of the hobby room, an early morning late afternoon thing, When it is really hot the sun cooks paint and glue off before I can get to work with it!
Anyway.
I did get the top painted before the visit to the dentists :tired: I even got the decals done. Like a nob, I forgot to photo the process. Well you all know how decals work.
They went down quite well and as normal on a Spitfire the rondel on the underside of the wing has to fight with a vent. Not sure which one won, I did have to touch in a few bits of white so I guess the vent won...
Here are a few teasers. There are a few more to be found in the completed section:
View attachment 456494View attachment 456495

Comments welcome and thanks for stopping by.
That looks SUPERB Ian,a lovely job for sure :smiling3:
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
I've missed some of this. Just caught up. The preshade has worked well. I find it difficult - I've obliterated it more often than I've been successful. Yours is just nice and subtle. Camo came out well. Shame about the roundels but sorted now and the decals look to have snuggled down nicely. I reckon that is a great result.
Jim