IBG Autocannone 3RO with 90/53 90mm Anti-Aircraft Gun

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

These may help mate
Looks like a intermediate shift change , the one coming out of the dash Steve .
If he drives like that gripping the wheel underhand over rough ground he'll snap his wrist !
Great finds as usual :thumb2::nerd:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Steve,
What ever he was talking about it was fantastico. I don't know how you find these I really do need to learn how to search the net properly.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers Steve,
What ever he was talking about it was fantastico. I don't know how you find these I really do need to learn how to search the net properly.
Yes Steve has an uncanny back of finding the most obscure things Paul, it's best just to ask him and sit back ! Or get on with the next part of the build .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Getting this far has had me pulling my hair out. so many parts have to line up and given that the location points are not the best in the world it has been trying to say the least. There are inner wings that have to be fitted ready for the outer wings to fit to. So if they are wrong the wings don't fit correctly so what you see is the result of a lot of tweaking and adjusting and a bit of filler. I also made width indicators from copper wire as the kit ones were very fragile. I removed the bulbs from the kit ones and drilled them out to accept the copper wire. The pipe from the header to the engine was made from copper wire as it was easier than trying to clean up the kit one. It does need a tweak tho. not happy with it now I see a picture of it.

DSCF3254.JPG
DSCF3255.JPG

the rod under the cab to the step needs to be reglued. I mad this from wire as well.

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Bro, doesn't sound like you're having a good time with this thang. I thought these were supposed to be pretty straight forward kits. I'm having second thoughts about mine now....
I know you will drive on and do a great job despite all the probs Paul, you always do. Oh, and look at the bright side. If you pull out all of your hair building it, think of all the money you will save on haircuts......

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
I may be a bit unfair on the kit but it is not the best for locations and the instructions can be vague or maybe it's me that's vague lol. Please don't let me put you off, Unless a kit is complete pants I would rather people make up their own minds on a kit.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
No Paul, You won't put me off at all my friend. You know I always love a challenge and you are doing a hell of a job so far!!!..........

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
You're doing a fine job and overcoming the kits issues. Your upgrading and scratching is worth the effort.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's the second time this week I've seen EZ line mentioned Paul.
Think it's time I invested in some .
Nice work as always, these additions really do make the model .

Toon Meister

M4H Member and Beneficiary
First Name
Pete
Hi just catching up with some great work, another masterpiece coming up.

Last edited:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Morning Paul,
Bit slow catching up on your build, again turning a pigs ear into a silk purse, well done to you, looking forward to more of your excellent work.
Mike.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Up to your usual high standards Paul, impressive stuff.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
You're doing a fine job and overcoming the kits issues. Your upgrading and scratching is worth the effort.
Jim
Thanks Jim, despite what I have said it's going together ok
That's the second time this week I've seen EZ line mentioned Paul.
Think it's time I invested in some .
Nice work as always, these additions really do make the model .
I have not used it before but it is good and fairly easy to use. One reel should last for ever. The other advantage is if you do catch it bends out of the way then springs back.
Hi just catching up with some great work, another masterpiece coming up.
Pete, thanks mate glad to see you.
Morning Paul,
Bit slow catching up on your build, again turning a pigs ear into a silk purse, well done to you, looking forward to more of your excellent work.
Mike.
Hi Mike, modelling is no fun if it's easy lol. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Up to your usual high standards Paul, impressive stuff.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking really good now Paul. Superb skill on display!