Icm wot 8

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Got their Studebaker in the stash, haven't even opened the box, so will need to check - might have to see about a 'engine check' dio if it's a detailed one ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Got their Studebaker in the stash, haven't even opened the box, so will need to check - might have to see about a 'engine check' dio if it's a detailed one ;)
Gerry,
the Studebaker is one of ICM's early models & not as detailed as their later efforts, but it does have a complete engine - the real thing has a one piece bonnet, so it should be possible to show it propped open. The other early model that you may see is the Ural, that makes a nice model, but is crude by today's standards
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I find it difficult to decide when to paint, on the softskin builds, early on, or later, when areas may be obscured by later added parts - either way it means touching up! On Soviet trucks the chassis & running gear, everything below the bodywork is black, which saves a lot of hassle............
Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I find it difficult to decide when to paint, on the softskin builds, early on, or later, when areas may be obscured by later added parts - either way it means touching up! On Soviet trucks the chassis & running gear, everything below the bodywork is black, which saves a lot of hassle............
Dave
Chassis is same as body colour on this so you could pretty much paint in one if you wanted to, I'll probably paint cab floor separate as I might do a door open so a bit of wear and tear instead possibly.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hopefully I will get some primer on the chassis ,engine and cab interior tomorrow ,engine not glued in yet ,will colour the chassis and inside of the cab first I can then get the seats steering wheel and dash done .20210519_230108.jpg20210519_225717_Richtone(HDR).jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work so far.

Andrew

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Couple more progress pics, going together OK :thumb2: I'm going with drivers door open and going to try my luck with the chipping fluid in the cab for a bit of light wear and tear,fingers crossed it works out, haven't decided weather to go for chips in steel or primer colour yet.20210522_215405_Richtone(HDR).jpg20210522_215231_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking really good under primer. War paint next!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking really good under primer. War paint next!
Thanks .Yep, just waiting for some paint! Was going to do it bronze green but historically about a year out! Not usually to worried about things like that but then thought nah get the right one.

Reactions: JR

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Well, if you've got to get more paint, then might as well get the 'right' shade :thumb2:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Well, if you've got to get more paint, then might as well get the 'right' shade :thumb2:
I brought the bronze green for this one but turns out they first produced this truck about a year after they starting using drab, I'll use the bronze green on my scammel, that fits the right age bracket!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Just about all in primer now, got some steel and rust undercoat on here and there for chipping later.
Working on the canvas top, was made in five sections and had to lose the joins so I kept brushing tamiya thin in the joins until they had melted together and then sanded, got a bit more sanding yet.20210525_214931_Richtone(HDR).jpg20210525_214742_Richtone(HDR).jpg

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just about all in primer now, got some steel and rust undercoat on here and there for chipping later.
Working on the canvas top, was made in five sections and had to lose the joins so I kept brushing tamiya thin in the joins until they had melted together and then sanded, got a bit more sanding yet.View attachment 424452View attachment 424453
As Eric used to say "Can't see the join!"
Looking good.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely. Well done.

Andrew