Johns 1/35 Zevzda StuG B for Bobs GB

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John
Thanks Lee.
I don't know about Hornet heads. Maybe try Bee and Wasp instead.

Next time mate ask me a question on golf LOL

Great work on the figures mate. They are certainly looking the bees knees or hornet knees LOL Matron I need some more meds!!
thanks Steve .. ok Who won the open in 1948 ?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Way cool. Those tracks came out excellent. The proper tool for the job makes for a proper job. The wire thing w/figs works great on my figs too. PaulE

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Way cool. Those tracks came out excellent. The proper tool for the job makes for a proper job. The wire thing w/figs works great on my figs too. PaulE
Cheers buddy.
It won't matter as you will be covering it in a winter white wash LOL

Have a look at Model Air 056
Steve it was being evaluated in the winter, :smiling2:
Had a look again at my paints.
2019_11.jpg
Didn't see it DUH SO used a mix of AMIG -909 and some black. ! Thanks anyway.

John,
Coming on very nicely.
Thanks Paul.

This is the afternoons progress, did the chipping fluid coat first, then after it was air dry applied the grey. Now you need to let it dry, but not so much as to make it nearly impossible to do the chippuing. I ve it for about 40 mins in the house where it was warmer.
2019.jpg2019.jpg

2019_2.jpg

2019_3.jpg

2019_4.jpg

2019_5.jpg

2019_6.jpg
Don't think I've over done it , quite happy . This close up is to show how the StuG has caught against something, left some of the paint on , but let the heaver damage remove some paint.

2019_7.jpg

2019_8.jpg

That's it, thanks for looking in, tracks on tomorrow, then those track guards, I can see them being fun as only a few holes line up for the support bars .

John.

D

Deleted member 7181

Looking good John, I hope mine turns out as well as that.

That Zvezda kit looks a lot more detailed than the Tamiya. Some of the locking catches for the hatches are moulded in on that, I'm having to add mine with 3 pieces of PE each! Much nicer raised rivet detail too. Never thought I'd be saying this but I might have to add those :flushed:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John, I hope mine turns out as well as that.

That Zvezda kit looks a lot more detailed than the Tamiya. Some of the locking catches for the hatches are moulded in on that, I'm having to add mine with 3 pieces of PE each! Much nicer raised rivet detail too. Never thought I'd be saying this but I might have to add those :flushed:
I'm sure it will Andy, not the clearest of instructions, I would have preferred Tamiya for that. Looking at the detail again, yes your right it's not bad.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My god John what have you done, it will never sell in this condition:astonished::astonished:

Very well done!!!°
Its that German crew Bob , had no idea how to drive on Russian Roads. :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm intrigued to know why you chose to put the spare track on the rear and not the front? Was it a reference photo??

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Russia in ww11 and roads did not go together lol, they were use to super smooth autobahns !!
Should have said they had no idea how to drive on the "idea " of Russian roads :smiling3::nerd:

I'm intrigued to know why you chose to put the spare track on the rear and not the front? Was it a reference photo??
Please see page one for further photos, Friz the driver had a fear of being run into !!

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Oh yeah. DOH! I shall go back to sleep in the corner. Matron upped my meds and I'm totally off the planet now.Soz

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh yeah. DOH! I shall go back to sleep in the corner. Matron upped my meds and I'm totally off the planet now.Soz
What did you think of the chipping and colour ?

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
The colour is spot on for me. I also like the way you have varied your chipping between chips and scratches. Will you be trying out the oils on this one mate?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The colour is spot on for me. I also like the way you have varied your chipping between chips and scratches. Will you be trying out the oils on this one mate?
Cheers Steve, and yes. Suppose the next thing after fitting the tracks and guards is to spray a coat of varnish, gloss seems to be better for the flow. ? Just realised there is a German marking missing from the rear.