Ju88 Next on the line

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers chaps. I'm glad this is being found to be useful. I hope it shows what we mere mortals can achieve! Patrick don't be scared of washes,as you can see they really bring out the detail. If you use the promodeller washes as I did you can't go wrong. Just be sure to have a well cured coat of Klear (or gloss varnish) on before the wash.

Speaking of washes I've done an oil wash inside the gear doors. I made a thin dirty engine oil kind of mixture using the stuff in the piccies and just ran it into the detail from a skinny brush. And yes I did notice the bl**dy ejector pin marks in the corners of the doors,something else to fix,Grrrrrrr! The third pic shows a before and after set of doors.

Of to earn a living now,just got my car insurance renewal quote!

Cheers

Steve

View attachment 21289

View attachment 21290

View attachment 21291

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

C

Caledonia

Steve, Thanks for the Wash info, I am definately going to have a go on my present Model. Derek

D

dubster72

I think I'll have a go at those promodeller washes after watching the videos on their site. Ejector marks-the modellers bane! Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Last edited by a moderator:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It's been well worth the wait for you to finish this!

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Et Voila! I tried to take close ups to show inside canopy but failed miserably.These are the best I could do. Next project will be something a bit smaller. Theuns has got me thinking about an Me262...mmmmmm!

Steve (signing this one off)

Forgot to say it's finished as an aircraft of 3/KG30. 4D is the code for KG30.The aircraft letter F is yellow and the fourth letter is L indicating 3 staffel of I gruppe. The Luftwaffe bomber codes are even dafter than the fighter system (with which I'm more familiar!)

View attachment 21307

View attachment 21308

View attachment 21309

View attachment 21310

View attachment 21311

View attachment 21312

88.1.jpg

88.2.jpg

88.3.jpg

88.4.jpg

88.5.jpg

88.6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
First class Steve, a superb model. I know masking is used, but how you still obtain the neat canopy lines is beyond me.

Very well done, my congrats.

Ron

F

Fenlander

It is indeed a perfect build. I am with Ron on this, how on earth can you get the canopy masked as good as that? I can't even get a simple one done. Really great looking aircraft Steve, yet another build to be smugly proud of ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks fellas. I promise you that the masking is done (after a dip in Klear) with no more than Tamiya tape, a cocktail stick and a sharp scalpel. If I can do it anyone can! It's far from perfect Graham but I'm pleased with it. I think I mentioned somewhere near the beginning that it isn't the easiest kit to put together but turns into a pretty decent Ju88.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
congratulations steve , it looks fantastic, really great finish. Youre an object lesson in patience, masking all those seperate windows, a job i dread on any plane ,nevermind one with a green house like this one!! Top work as always, im looking forward to whatever you do next ( revell he 111 anyone!!?) cheers tony

D

dubster72

It's turned out really good Steve, quite frankly I'm stunned! I can't see where it isn't perfect coz it looks that way to me. Would it be too much to ask (when you've got the time) to collate all the pics & info and put them into a blog? That way, fledgling aircraft modellers such as myself would have an excellent guide to refer to. Just a thought! Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi again, I might try to do that Patrick. Things are about to get very busy work wise so I'll have to get a move on! The whole point is to share and learn in the nice friendly and cooperative environment we have here. As for the He111, I've heard rumours but have no idea when we might see it. The He111 also had an even bigger "green house" on the nose! I'm thinking of Trumpeter's 1/32 Me262 which is the only jet I've ever had a real interest in. You can blame Theuns for re-igniting that interest, he got me dusting off some old references! Probably won't be able to start until March,assuming I can get my hands on the kit.

Thanks again for the kind words,it means a lot from fellow modellers.

Cheers

Steve

P

Paul1978

An amazing masterpiece mate! I hope i'll getting my planes looking like that by the time i retire :smiling3: Your advice on making the canopy is worth more than a pot of gold. I was just trying to mask my Spit canopy, then read yours and thought what i moron i am. I spent ages trying to cut out the right shapes :smiling3:

Love it mate

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Most impressive build. Great work Steve.

N

noble

I have to say this looks amazing even though iam not a plane guy i do know what i like and i like this the attention to detail is top notch and the paint job superb dude i love it.

scott

T

treyzx10r

Steve I've just found this beautiful build while searching, so sorry I missed this . I'm inspiered to keep plugging along on mine even more now thanks!

Trey

B

Bunkerbarge

A superb build and a real pleasure to watch this go together. Complements the other models on the shelf perfectly as well, I must get myself organised and have a go at a German WWII plane soon, they really do look superb.