Kovozavody prostejov ( KP) 1/72 Fouga magister

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's certainly a colourful addition to the collection. Primer, been through that phase, but for me it was that Stylenrez stuff that just wouldn't go through the AB, even though I'd been using it for years.
I'm listening to a few aircraft related podcasts at the moment and one pilot mentions how he nearly aborted a take off in one of these. He thought he had an engine problem, as progress down the runway wasn't as rapid as he would have liked. He soon realised, no, it's just very slow.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got this finished today after a final push . The last few bits were added and it had the decals put on before having a final coat of Klear to seal it all in . THEN…… upon taking off the canopy masking I was faced with this IMG_2583.jpegIMG_2584.jpeg
Dont you just hate it when this happens . I was sure the cockpit was clean and sealed and didn't think any bits could get in but here we are . Im going to leave it for a day or two to see if the static charge dies down a bit and the bits fall back down . If not I might cut the canopy off and hoover the bugger out ! IMG_2579.jpegIMG_2580.jpegIMG_2581.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Shame about the annoying "bits". It's not very noticeable and as you say they may disperse if they are on the canopy with static.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I know how that feels Tony. Great work on the tiger stripes, lovely result

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Tony, don't know how I missed this one.......had a read through and all is terrific right up to the unmasking of the canopy! :angry: Your freestyle painting of the tail is right up there with our "Salad Dodger" Mr. Ron aka.570. Again, my apologies for my late arrival.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That looks great, apart from the canopy detritus……which isn’t your fault! You can get static dispersers, called Milty Zerostats, used to eliminate static in HiFi and biopharmaceutical production, but they are probably a bit rich blooded for a modeller :sleeping2:
Another approach is to perhaps wipe it with isopropyl alcohol/water solution on a cotton bud. It disperses static when used as a vinyl record cleaner, so could work in this application……dont rub too hard though or you’ll build the static back up….

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks good mate, is there somewhere underneath you could blast air in from your airbrush to try and move the bits away.

Andy.
Tried it andy , blasting up the nose wheel bay and round the exhausts , but i think i made it worse!! :smiling5:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
After various attempts , tapping , rubbing , blowing and finally trying to vacuum the bits out through the nosewheel bay nothing would budge them so I just cut the canopy off . Its now been cleaned out ( hopefully ) and ive stuck it back on and touched it up. Its not as seamless as before but I couldnt have left it as it was , it would have driven me nuts !IMG_2587.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's pretty major surgery at such a late stage, particularly with the canopy being such a large one. Good to see you've got away with it though.