Late 1940's French Street Scene 1/35. Scratch built buildings, MB figures and Tamiya car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The idea of doing something showing peace time and not fighting as a change has raised my mo jo.
The hardest part of gathering figures and suitable methods of transport for this has been tracking down them down .
Several of the MB offerings are out of stock , Mini Arts of people sitting at a table being served by a waiter is hopefully still on the go but not yet available . Two vans that I really liked were both German, so they were out .
I have managed to get .
MB35148.jpg
Going to be a challenge painting !
As for a bike, plenty on Scalemates , but very few being stocked , did manage to get this .
MB35171.jpg

Some of you might remember the Polish bakers shop I did with the soldier looking in the window.
This time only need the bike, will remove the central ammo box . The pe part should be fun if I remember right .;)

Going through my box of figure parts I've managed to find two figures sitting and another who with some major surgery will turn in to a waiter . Thoughts of miliput being used here to make an apron. Any tips please shout out .
The car I need a Simca by Tamiya is out our stock so will wait for that to turn up at some point .
Yesterday I started on the base by adding some cheaper form board to a 8 ply base. The chance to do a complete undamaged building will be a treat :smiling3::nerd:

First thing here is to lay out the slightly angled pavement and then start on the stone sets.

Hope you will follow, seating available , tickets as usual available from Mrs Jones.

Snacks , drinks on sale , used to be free but the increase in the cost of living has put paid to that . It's a good job it's good weather otherwise you'd be advised to bring blankets ! See Allen Dewire and Steve " Rivet " Jones as you find a seat . Thank you .

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sounds like a great plan John.
I will follow with interest from the cheap seats, where it is quieter and I can have my chocolate hob-nobs in peace.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done JR. I'm so pleased you have found a new project you can get your teeth into. I know it's gonna be a complete success. Hope you get to do some summer time flowers in the grass. Can't wait!! Good luck my friend

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right JR..........are you sure it ain't all them "curvey" MB babes what's got yer MOJO up? ;) welcome back hope you get all the pieces parts collected soon, this looks like it could turn into a nice little dio. :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Mini art do some good civilian figures John. They even have a set of French ones .

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds like a great plan John.
I will follow with interest from the cheap seats, where it is quieter and I can have my chocolate hob-nobs in peace.
Your welcome Ian, please don't drop too many crumbs !

Definitely in for this. I do hope this won't attract the rabble who usually turn up for one of your dio masterpieces. I'll see Mrs Jones for my ticket and a chit for a cup of tea and a sticky bun.
Jim
Hi Jim, it seems the Rabble have already started to turn up.Thought the mention that food and drinks were not free might put them off. Check has been made that I have plenty of Kappa Line board in stock , along with Bass wood, so the building fronts should be ok. The buns are fresh so enjoy.

Good luck with that one Ian bearing in mind the usual bunch of gannets likely to turn up for this!

I'll be there with my long arms and sticky fingers.
Dave it does seem to attract the Rabble, as long as you don't wave your arm about they should behave.
Well done JR. I'm so pleased you have found a new project you can get your teeth into. I know it's gonna be a complete success. Hope you get to do some summer time flowers in the grass. Can't wait!! Good luck my friend
Hi Steve, thank you for the support, good idea on the flowers, note made.:thumb2:

I'll be watching. Sounds great. Good luck.
Welcome Mike, be prepared for the thread to go off on the weirdest subjects and banter, until Ian shouts at us to behave !:smiling3::smiling3:.

John

Sounds like a great project. I found these that may be useable in your dio. Stalingrad do make very nice figures.

View attachment 454163

John
Hi John, yes there are some great poses there, food for thought. Thanks .
Can't wait Dzohn. I remember the bakery. Undamaged is a great opportunity for structures.
Paul glad you can remember it. It was allowed in the house and sits in the front room. Should be fun to do undamaged for once!

Right JR..........are you sure it ain't all them "curvey" MB babes what's got yer MOJO up? ;) welcome back hope you get all the pieces parts collected soon, this looks like it could turn into a nice little dio. :thumb2:
Hi buddy, thank you. Yes some nice hotties there, trust you to notice them as well:thinking::cool:. Must say prefer them to some of the unwashed we normally have.

Good to see you up and running again John. Have fun with the dress patterns……I was looking forward to Officer Crabtree though :disappointed2:
Me too Tim, out of stock at many places in the UK, inc John, showing nil showing. Some in Italy but don't want to have to pay through the nose. Those dress pattern should be a test !

John, seat down the front please.
Arranged Paul, Mr Jones will be along soon to take your order for refreshments.

Glad to see you back at it John I will have a seat at the back please well away from any nonesense. ;)

Andy.
Hi Andy, might be a safer place, standing on a chair will normally give you a better view if any excitement takes place at the front.
Watching with interest...
Pete
Evening Pete, enjoy.
I'm in John
Gonna sit on the floor down front, throwing me tuppences aboot
Have fun with the architecture ......
Nick
Hi Nick, you'll be in fine company, ooh yes looking fwd to the buildings.
Neat project in the works John, looking forward to it coming together:smiling:
Good to see you again Fernando, hows the galloping going ?:smiling3:
Mini art do some good civilian figures John. They even have a set of French ones .

Yes they do Ian along with MB, unfortunately many of the suppliers are out of stock at the moment.

Great to see you havr your mojo back - with an interesting project.

Peter
Thank you Peter, makes a change something like this.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Quite an audience is gathering, as long as the Rabble don't get out of hand while things happen . Perhaps some one could lead community singing ?

Back in the cave a start of some figures has been made, much surgery has taken place using a selection of military figures.

2022.jpg
2022_2.jpg
Some times do this , just in case I slip and drill the finger !

2022_3.jpg
Wire in place.

2022_4.jpg
The right foot was removed and angle changed.

2022_7.jpg
The left hand one is the one that had the previous photos.

The one on the right had to have new legs, at some point I 'd cut them off for some reason. Having been drilled out wired and glued I'll sand down and trim those legs tomorrow. He will become the waiter bending over a table.

Thanks for looking in, think I will have to buy some new Miliput, any one have any idea how long it lasts. Its been in sealed bags but one seems very hard ?

John

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I think your right about the Mojo. Bet he’s kept these hide from Christine too. Lol.