Late 1940's French Street Scene 1/35. Scratch built buildings, MB figures and Tamiya car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seated by Rick and Steve so glad your out of you slump my friend. Progress looks great. Yorkshire Tea please.
Thanks Lee, glad to be in the zone again .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, hope I'm not late for the shindig. Brought the music sheet and lyrics to Kumbaya to keep the rabble quiet. :smiling6:
The operating theater looks busy with amputations...I bet all the interns in the gallery are watching intently and trying to keep the buns and tea down. You have it in b/w mode...no blood and gore and still looks gruesome. Nifty surgery there.

Cut away John.

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
can't be a French street scene without a pissoir!!! ................... and will you have a man in a stripy shirt & a beret?
Do you remember the 'Onion Johnny' ? In the 60's, we used to get them regularly - complete with beret, moustache, blue & white stripy shirt - and a bicycle festooned with strings of onions.............. long since gone, along with the horse and cart Rag and Bone man - and the knife sharpener, with his trick bike! Seems like a century ago.........................
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
If you do want them, they seem to be in stock here John….

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interesting idea John and sorry I'm a bit late..... Looks pretty crowded in here,!! ;)

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
If you do want them, they seem to be in stock here John….

Morning Tim, thanks just been to E models and ordered the French Civilians and the
1653640764227.pngas well . Thanks.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, hope I'm not late for the shindig. Brought the music sheet and lyrics to Kumbaya to keep the rabble quiet. :smiling6:
The operating theater looks busy with amputations...I bet all the interns in the gallery are watching intently and trying to keep the buns and tea down. You have it in b/w mode...no blood and gore and still looks gruesome. Nifty surgery there.

Cut away John.

Cheers,
Richard
Enjoying this part Richard, while trimming I nearly had a shot of Claret !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
can't be a French street scene without a pissoir!!! ................... and will you have a man in a stripy shirt & a beret?
Do you remember the 'Onion Johnny' ? In the 60's, we used to get them regularly - complete with beret, moustache, blue & white stripy shirt - and a bicycle festooned with strings of onions.............. long since gone, along with the horse and cart Rag and Bone man - and the knife sharpener, with his trick bike! Seems like a century ago.........................
Dave
Remember the knife sharpers Dave, too far away from any major city to attract onion sellers. Knew a scrap man in Grantham that had a horse , and still used it for trips around the town.

What I do want is one of those advertising tube like things, I've sent for some adverts. Think its going to have to be scratch built. At least its won't be hard As for the stripy shirt and beret we'll have to see.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Figure butchery looks to be going well.

I know a song about a ship called The Venus and another about a young Inuit lady called Nell. They might help with the rabble.
Jim
Jim thanks, that first one might be a bit risky, or the other one to think about it, perhaps you could sing Land of hope and Glory, suggested by Christine just now.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sunny now so a trip to the greenhouse first, followed by some toast and coffee.:smiling3::nerd::thumb2:

Let the figures commence, to day is find a suitable arm, might be better to wait until the table and chairs arrive before its glued on. With that in mind the buildings can start.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What I do want is one of those advertising tube like things, I've sent for some adverts. Think its going to have to be scratch built. At least its won't be hard As for the stripy shirt and beret we'll have to see.
Verlinden used to make a Morris column (apparently that’s what they are called) in 1/35, and there is a 3D printable one about. Might be worth looking on Etsy or similar to see if anyone is selling one ready printed…….

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
don't buy new milliput, John, until you've tried warming it up by rolling a small piece in your hand. It's usually fine.
If it's got a crust on it, just trim that off, but do it before you cut the other part-make sure you keep the quantities of the two sticks equal or it won't cure properly.
Don't ask me how I know.....

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Love the bentwood chairs. I remember the ragman's horse, wagon & vaguely his song, something......rags in a heavy accent rolling his Rs. Also the big ginger iceman w/leather apron & heavy leather shoulder wrap.