Late 1940's French Street Scene 1/35. Scratch built buildings, MB figures and Tamiya car .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice! Surprised you didn’t call it Rue de Remarque though (with thanks to the carry on team I think) :tongue-out3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The master is doing it again. Looking really good.
Thank you Jim, lets see if this ids a double post.

I've cleaned my cache and it made no difference just now on another post .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The Bomb it is, JR.......I noticed the double doors........that can mean only one thing....."Fat Lady" access is assured!! Bring on the "Big Girl" you've been keeping from us! :tongue-out2: :tongue-out3::thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi John,

That's coming on beautifully!! Very well done indeed!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Gerry. Thank you . The rather large headed lady does indeed stand out . Heavens knows what the sculptor was thinking of when he decided to make her. The trouble in sizing seems to start when mixing up different manufacturers products, but looking at people in general there are marked differences in size . Oh the Ninja Turtle, one of my girls had it as a child, Christine found it the other day and unbeknown to me put it on the back of the bench . Yesterday I suddenly noticed a grinning pot giraffe amongst the clutter ! Never a dull moment at Race Towers.

Tell me truthfully Rick now who do you prefer ! Think very carefully before you answer ! :smiling3:

Cheers Mick , they do indeed .

Thanks Jim. Think my glasses for middle distance just need a tweak. Just one of those annoying things.

Hi Dave, thank you .
The bee tube . In the photo you can see some tubes normally strong cardboard .Mason bees like to nest in any hole esp in brick work .These bees don't sting and are great pollinators. In fact apple producers encourage these solitary bees to their orchards . To encourage them you can buy a container full of those tubes , hang it on a sunny wall or tree and the bees will use them for laying their eggs, covering the tube end with mud . The young bee will then grow and force its way out when mature.
View attachment 461337
There are more photos here if your interested .
John .

Thanks Paul . Looking forward to meeting up again .
I could've sworn I sent a reply John, but I can't find it. Thanks for the info about the bees.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That is looking great (even on my phone, so tiny pictures of it!)
Thank you Gerry , using the phone to look may be a better idea :smiling3:
I could've sworn I sent a reply John, but I can't find it. Thanks for the info about the bees.
Glad you found it interesting about the bees Dave .:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
A touch of allo allo with Benny Hill with his hand up. :smiling2: I say its looking real good John.
I miss doing real figures that have meat on them...so far mine are just flat as pancakes. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A touch of allo allo with Benny Hill with his hand up. :smiling2: I say its looking real good John.
I miss doing real figures that have meat on them...so far mine are just flat as pancakes. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard. Painting civilians is a complete different ball game. Do you think some sculptures look like real people ? I've had figures that have a striking resemblance to world leaders good and bad !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greeting on what feels like the start of autumn outside tonight.
Meanwhile some work has being going on on the "Street "
These figures are completely different to any military and fun to do . Takes time , but feel I'm getting there slowly.

2022.jpg2022_2.jpg

2022_3.jpg

Think the Priest has given up on the "ladies " and the baker is busy delivering his mornings orders.

2022_4.jpg
Meanwhile his mother has come out to read the advertising board to see whats on down town. 2022_5.jpg

2022_6.jpg
Head of the local gendarme is looking out for some flowers for his wife.

Still lots to do on some of them before a wash coat, but as I said great fun.

Thanks for looking in, abuse welcome from the normal quarter :smiling3: