Late 1940's French Street Scene 1/35. Scratch built buildings, MB figures and Tamiya car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks like the population of a large village there John and nicely done too!!!!

Out of interest how many figures have you done??

ATB.

Andrew
Thinks there 18 in total Andrew . Never done this many before .Thank you .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I get that every time I build anything. Funny thing is, it goes away as I get to the finish…..
Thanks Tim, glad I'm not alone. When it's finished I then see parts they could be redone !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well after what seems months of work here we are.
Lots of photos.
The last thing I did was to fixed the metal balcony railings and glue the bike Mike sent me.

2022.jpg2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_5.jpg2022_6.jpg2022_7.jpg2022_8.jpg2022_9.jpg2022_10.jpg2022_11.jpg2022_12.jpg2022_13.jpg2022_14.jpg2022_15.jpg
Thanks must go to Gerry W, for some figures and one of the bikes, Neil for the advertising column, Mike for a splendid ready built bike, and lastly Mark for information on the Citroen. Peter Gilson for the drain .
Thanks also to you all for the comments and suggestions, including buxom serving ladies.

John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work John. You’ve nailed figures now haven’t you…..the interaction of the groups is natural. I can almost hear the accordion playing in the background……

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Meine Fresse!!!!...........Dang Dude 2, This work is absolutely outstanding!!! The whole scene works and the little details are incredible. Your flower works are so realistic......Looks like the work in your own garden has been carried over to this dio. Stand up and take a bow Sir, you deserve it!!! PM a little later too.........

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What can I say JR..........Deffo the "Dogs"..........in checking with the committee it is by unanimous consent that you extend to yourself this time honored award that you have worked so long and hard for!! :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is superb John. So much to look at and admire. The figures are great - you have really got figures sorted. As usual the buildings are spot on. Love the flowers. You have really captured the atmosphere of a typical French street .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What can I say JR..........Deffo the "Dogs"..........in checking with the committee it is by unanimous consent that you extend to yourself this time honored award that you have worked so long and hard for!! :thumb2:
There you go Rick , thank you.The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Excellent work John. You’ve nailed figures now haven’t you…..the interaction of the groups is natural. I can almost hear the accordion playing in the background……
Thank you very much Tim, very kind of you to say .
Meine Fresse!!!!...........Dang Dude 2, This work is absolutely outstanding!!! The whole scene works and the little details are incredible. Your flower works are so realistic......Looks like the work in your own garden has been carried over to this dio. Stand up and take a bow Sir, you deserve it!!! PM a little later too.........

Prost
Allen
Dude 1, thank you , indeed the flowers did in fact come from the garden via the glycerin bottle and some paint . :smiling3:
Absolutely brilliant. The level of detail is fantastic.
Many thanks Mike .
John,
Stand up at take a bow my friend that is an excellent piece of the modellers craft.
Appreciate this coming from you Paul .

That is superb John. So much to look at and admire. The figures are great - you have really got figures sorted. As usual the buildings are spot on. Love the flowers. You have really captured the atmosphere of a typical French street .
Cheers Jim, and thank you for such nice comments .
Wow, this is superb! So much more than the sum of its parts, it is beautifully unified and convincing - I'm in awe!
Very kind of you to say Paul .
OMG John, that really is a TOUR de FORCE
Definitely worth a 'Dogs' award
Congratulations!
Glad you think so Neil, thank you for your help and support .

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Brilliant work there, great details and interaction going on, glad that you found the odds and ends useful.