Lee Drennen’s Hobby Farm & Garden

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Have some bad news a raccoon got in my Duck pen and killed them both but that’s living on a farm. I’ll have a surprise for him soon. Anyway I cut the barn lot last week and had some clumps of grass to get rid of so I needed to see it my old hay rake would still work so I tried it out on it and like I knew it would work. I’ve had this rake for about 24 years raked may hay fields around my area with it. E36598DE-18D1-4EFA-B8F2-B42C18254D92.jpeg6D4D80C3-4741-4296-AF60-15E3D44F97A0.jpeg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
sorry to hear about your ducks,hobble thing that raccoon :disappointed2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Richard thanks I’ll get some more Ducklings next spring.

Monica. Thanks a friend of mine has caught at least 11 so for in a live trap he lives cross the way from me. I’m going to set mine and take care of him.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
The garden is not doing good at all crazy year for a garden I do have a few tomatoes on the vine but I’m fighting the squirrels from eating them off the vine I’m just about to give up on the garden this year. 0FF08984-C575-433A-AC65-DC473911C4CF.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a shame Lee when things happen and cause you to think about abandoning the garden this year. Netting ? Or is that just not worth the effort ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's what it's for Lee.........I dusted the Ass end of a Coon that kept getting to my bird feeder last week....haven't seen him since. Squirrels, chipmunks. rats, mice are all candidates for "lead" poisoning if they violate the rules of the house. :thumb2: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Rick. Yes I can’t agree even more there’s gonna be a lot of lead poisoning around the Hobby Farm.
Sometimes the only way - personally, I prefer that route, as it's highly selective, and doesn't harm any other wildlife. (Got me a little 'job' at a local orchard, dusting the rabbits and grey squirrels that want to damage the young trees)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
Shame about the ducks. I suppose the racoon just sees them as food. Farming is always a bit of a gamble with the weather and pests.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
The garden is not doing good at all crazy year for a garden

Mine is the same. The weather combined with that @#%$%^$%^ cat next door (and they've got another new kitten now) i've lost near on 30 quids worth of veggies. Some would probably say oh well its only 30 quid. But when you have no spare cash it's a lot.

Sorry to hear about your ducks. Nature is a pain at times but the racoon is only doing what comes naturally to it.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Guys. I think it was a Ground Hog that broke my Tomato plants over I’ve really think I’m just going to till the whole garden up nothing is growing and try a fall crop.

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a shame Lee...hate to see all that work go to waste. Rick H. :thinking:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Guys. I think it was a Ground Hog that broke my Tomato plants over I’ve really think I’m just going to till the whole garden up nothing is growing and try a fall crop.
Might be the only way is to cut your losses and start fresh. Never an easy decision though.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a real shame Lee.
Like lots of crap that falls on us, just mark it down to experience and start again.
You can do it buddy. Just look at the beautiful place you have, tiller out game on .:thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's a real shame Lee.
Like lots of crap that falls on us, just mark it down to experience and start again.
You can do it buddy. Just look at the beautiful place you have, tiller out game on .:thumb2:
Your right John and thanks for the pep talk I’ll do my best commander.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Saturday my wife bought some Cucumbers from a local Amish Farm/Market so last night I help her make them up. I be done this for years too bad they wasn’t from my garden. We put up 24 quarts 8 of them have jalapeño in them.
D6782F94-E69F-4CD0-8B56-F332356F7826.jpeg4657885A-D8C2-494F-9CB5-6E38DF043401.jpeg