Lee Drennen’s Hobby Farm & Garden

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Chickens are great to keep. For some reason watching them always makes me smile. I hope the hatching continues to go well
Thanks Jim. Yes I sit down at the chicken house and watch them for hours very relaxing

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Beautiful birds Lee! I wish you all the best and thanks for the cigar too, my friend. Maybe I'll light her up on my Birthday! Sure is great to have a garden too. I don't have that luxury where I live now....

Prost
Allen
Too bad you don’t have that luxury you could give JR a run for his money growing a garden lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Easter chicks. Little cute fluff balls. Are you intending them to be egg layers or for meat?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Egg layers for sure Jim.
Good. We had a friend in Scotland who decided he would raise chickens for his freezer. He said they would have a far better quality of life, taste better and also be allowed to have a longer life. He bought 12 chicks. A couple of years later he still had all 12 and they all had names !:smiling:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Good. We had a friend in Scotland who decided he would raise chickens for his freezer. He said they would have a far better quality of life, taste better and also be allowed to have a longer life. He bought 12 chicks. A couple of years later he still had all 12 and they all had names !:smiling:
Yeah that’s kinda where I’m at just can’t kill my babies I have a couple that I raised from baby chicks that follow me like dogs and I have feed them out of my hand there treats I can’t seem to see them on my supper plate with mash potatoes and chicken gray lol.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great photos of the chicks Lee .

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
More Chicks this week I’ve hatched 4 this week I’m up to 18 so far. After the rest of the eggs in the incubator has Hatched I’ll be done for this season. I don’t like raising baby chicks in the Hot or very cold weather. EA829971-61AB-4A47-A945-DEBE9F04833D.jpegAFE39BCD-B2E7-4209-BFAF-D71B8C56D769.jpeg92BF2B92-FD3F-45D3-80E4-9B7B7E7DA8E8.jpegBF57B2A7-B1A3-43CB-8D2D-DB114FD3DC17.jpegEFDD2D2D-C78A-4CD9-B3E9-5EFD7E6FA104.jpegE5E82585-79E3-468C-A656-DEA8A6D75BFF.jpeg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Cute little things. Are they all the same breed? Lots of different colours.
Thanks Jim. I can’t tell you there going to be a mixed breed different Breed of Rooster with different breeds of hens.

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Been doing some cleaning up around the Farm today pick up some Thorne Bushes I cut down last winter. Clean up some limbs in one of my wife’s Flower Garden got to weed eat next. C100D8ED-D41C-493C-934E-B29A2C6104E2.jpegB7C88B1B-E5AE-43B7-BBDD-EC18DF9DC3D0.jpeg2C2EAD05-A1ED-44FB-BD6A-2FA70DA9726C.jpeg87E3D042-AA67-409A-82B5-54C941B7E18A.jpeg9AEAD391-810E-459D-B336-F4EAFEAF7837.jpeg

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great photos of the chicks Lee, very impressed with the whole set up you have. Whats the soil like to work with . That light top looks very dusty and dry.
Oh for a some that size :nerd:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great photos of the chicks Lee, very impressed with the whole set up you have. Whats the soil like to work with . That light top looks very dusty and dry.
Oh for a some that size :nerd:
Thanks John for the complement. Yes it gets dry. Here where I live the soil is mix all over just within feet you can have Red Clay then good Top Soil it’s crazy to try to keep up with it but things grow well here so I don’t bother with it. I thought I would show what I used to make the holes for the Onions in case you asked. I’ll have more updates soon.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hard work but very rewarding. There's always that excitement and concern as to whether you'll end up with a bumper harvest or whether a whole host of furry or feathered creatures or any number of creepy crawlies will get it first!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John for the complement. Yes it gets dry. Here where I live the soil is mix all over just within feet you can have Red Clay then good Top Soil it’s crazy to try to keep up with it but things grow well here so I don’t bother with it. I thought I would show what I used to make the holes for the Onions in case you asked. I’ll have more updates soon.
Good idea to use the rake Lee, dibbing by a single method is tiring , thank way is far neater as well.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hard work but very rewarding. There's always that excitement and concern as to whether you'll end up with a bumper harvest or whether a whole host of furry or feathered creatures or any number of creepy crawlies will get it first!
Yes Jim your right I’m all ready seeing Deer tracks in my freshly tilled place’s. The ground is still cold and nothing is popping up yet may have to replant.