Light Tank Mk VIB (Desert)

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Nothing like some nice leather , looks really good , colours are superb.
John,
Do you have to bring your fetish into everything, next it will be handcuffs and a waterbed...
The leather was a base of yellow ochre acrlic (Vallejo), then a coat of Burnt Umber oil (W&N), left on for about 30 minutes, and this was then brushed off with a brush that was damp, almost dry with white spirit, brushing off the excess on a piece of kitchen towling (tiolet roll was in use at the time). the final item was a coat or two of Peat Brown printers ink (W&N).
Cheers, Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you back posting again Mike. I'm afraid JR is all things leather. It comes from his childhood when he used to walk Daisy the cow to school each day.

• Love
Reactions: JR

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Time to add a few more bits and pieces...
rearbox1.jpg
The rear boxes are now in position and waiting for the extra details to be added such as hinges/locks etc...
bkts1.jpg
The two drivers hatch 'stops' are now in place with bolt heads to be added...
ant1.jpg
The spring and antennae wire have now been added, with the wire to the Cmdrs hatch and a couple of clamps to be added...
turretbr1.jpg
Right front showing the brackets for the smoke discharger and the spotlight bracket, plus shell collector...
turretbr2.jpg
Left front, here I re-built the plate as the kit version was a bit soft on detail.
And that is basically where I am today, there is a lot of small details to be added and this will be done once the main build is complete. I will go around the model and add things like rivets, bolt heads where needed.
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike,
Lovely work on the bling.
Scottie
There is tons of it, the thing weighs about half a ton now, and there is still some more to go on :flushed:....

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Looking good Mike - a good use of etch, really lends itself to the brackets and wotnot

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great attention to detail. It will be nice to watch this develop.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Mike just had a read through to catch up wonderful work especially like the work on the suspension with the springs, will tag a long and try and learn something and then remember it :relieved:.
More of the same please.
Pete :thumb2: .

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Thanks to you all for your kind comments, more to come next week. Any questions, please ask.
Mike.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Come on Steve, everyone knows that’s an F....try a harder one LOL.....
Great work by the way Mike, looks fantastic in all its finery.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bl***y Nora, that's some detail already , and you say more to come !

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Impressive detail Mike, I'll follow this one.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Very unusual choise. I like it very much. Very nice work with brass and extra details. As I can see Modelkasten tracks suits well to driving wheel. Unfortunately it is quite hard to find kits of this manufacturer. I'd like to build version C with another gun.
Will look at your build with great interest.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Very unusual choise. I like it very much. Very nice work with brass and extra details. As I can see Modelkasten tracks suits well to driving wheel. Unfortunately it is quite hard to find kits of this manufacturer. I'd like to build version C with another gun.
Will look at your build with great interest.
Neo,
Ha! fooled you, the tracks do not fit that well around the drive sprocket, I cheated and sanded the teeth off. Do you mean fitted with the BESA gun.
Mike.