M*A*S*H diorama

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just got caught up on your dio Colin, looking great, the detail is marvellous, absolutely stunning.

And it's great to see Radar and the rest of the cast.

I'll try to keep up.

Tony.

C

CDW

Thank you Polux, Tony:smiling3:

Now for the serious side of the dio, a few of the wounded

Figures look natural enough, (guy with arm up will be leaning on summot)

View attachment 54260View attachment 54261View attachment 54262

And an attempt at a stethoscope (don't look too bad, got several more to do)

View attachment 54263

*edit* Now seeing these images ...i'm gonna have to go back to my 2x cheapo glasses cos the new ones obviousely dont work, the figure faces are crap and theres still flash on some bits... looked ok when i did them ... back to the bench.

View attachment 56492

View attachment 56493

View attachment 56494

View attachment 56495

20121205_123807.jpg

20121205_123814.jpg

20121205_123820.jpg

Dvc00004.jpg

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I see what you mean Colin, sometimes things are not noticed 'till blown up on screen!

It's the eyes, isn't it? I'm firmly in the camp- right or wrong- of hardly touching them.....

Perhaps dulling the uniforms might help too.

All this advise from someone who is a bit poor at figures anyway!!!

Love the 'scopes....

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

the eyes aren't right for one thing... spot on Ron .. the face painting leaves a little to be desired too ... bit embarrassed posting them actually.

the uniforms are quite dull in natural light. I use a satin Matt type paint and it picks up the flash badly( as was mentioned in my coutances diorama, I posted a natural light photo that showed it looking ok if I remember )

ill have ten minutes this afto touching up the faces and then get on building another load of peoples ... with my original glasses on this time :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry mate, I remember now someone making the same 'shiny uniform' comment on your Countances dio., and you explained why then....

Now't wrong with posting pictures of summat we're not happy with, that's how we get good feed back to try and resolve the problem......'cept when it's from a balloon like me with no memory!!!!!

Ron

C

CDW

\ said:
'cept when it's from a balloon like me with no memory!!!!!
You think you're bad ... i've just realised i've bought the same box of military figures as i did last time, lot's of body and arm swapping going to happen methinks..... what a plonka :smiling3:

C

CDW

well after the "palarva" of swapping arms legs and heads on the figures, they're now painted and awaiting to go into situ, a few more wounded and a few extra corps-men.

I'm waiting to get the female figures, and this is in the hands of our great leader so i dont have to worry about it.

Soooo ... anywhoos i've just thrown together a little bike, as used in the last episode by BJ (if anyone remembers that) and is depicted whilst he's half way through painting and renovating it.

I had no luck in getting my hands on a 1/35 Indian Scout ... the least i saw one go for was 49 dollars on evilbay.

I've "improvised" a BMW which doesn't look too bad ... not authentic but hey :smiling3:

A quote from "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen"

Winchester "What is that atrocious odour"

BJ (smelling his brush) "YELLOW"!!

View attachment 54754View attachment 54755View attachment 54756View attachment 54757View attachment 54758View attachment 54759

The headlight came with only a slitted cover so i used PVA to creat a fogged lens

View attachment 54753

And in situ

View attachment 54760View attachment 54761View attachment 54762

View attachment 56952

View attachment 56953

View attachment 56954

View attachment 56955

View attachment 56956

View attachment 56957

View attachment 56958

View attachment 56959

View attachment 56960

View attachment 56961

20121215_204721.jpg

20121216_180624.jpg

20121216_180654.jpg

20121216_180756.jpg

20121216_180853.jpg

20121216_180917.jpg

20121216_180941.jpg

20121216_182100.jpg

20121216_182152.jpg

20121216_182230.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
coming along nicely bud some top detailing going on looking forward to seein this all together

S

Sky Raider

Just caught up on this one Colin, you have been busy mate. Cracking job youve made there.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

The motorbike fits in fine Colin! Besides the chinese did make counterfeit versions of that boxer for their military so its not a stretch one could very well have found its way into a Mash unit over in Korea. Looking forward to the next update,cheers Trey

First Name
Andy
\ said:
The motorbike fits in fine Colin! Besides the chinese did make counterfeit versions of that boxer for their military so its not a stretch one could very well have found its way into a Mash unit over in Korea. Looking forward to the next update,cheers Trey
I agree with Trey, the bike looks great and looks the part, am also liking the tin of yellow paint sat on it's seat too...

As Oliver once said "please Sir, may we have some more"...:great:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent attention to detail, I too like the bike and the tin of paint is a nice touch.

I have the last episode, unfortunately it's on vhs....What a tear jerker, anyone who doesn't cry whilst watching it is made of stone!!!!!

I know it's on DVD, but I've only seen it with the complete box set.....Is it available on it's own?

Sorry for the slight distortion of your superb thread.....

Ron

C

CDW

Thank for the comments chaps ... much needed confidence wise after battling with all the figures :smiling3:

Trey ... i like the theory .... i'll go with that!!!! :smiling3:

Ron .. It's only available as far as i know as the 3rd DVD in Season 11 box set, i've not seen it as a stand-alone or it would have made it's way into my collection :smiling3: :smiling3:

I'm now on the case of making the items that some of the corpsmen will be carrying, trays of bandages, bedsheets etc .... should be fun.

As i said above i'm getting some female figures to improvise as nurses, just waiting for john to get them in stock for me.

Then it'll be finishing off the base with odds and sods like log piles, boxes, auto parts etc strewn around. need to sort a couple of wood-burners for the tents ... the list goes on :smiling3:

C

CDW

got one corpsman done, he's in situ now but just a piccie to show whats on his tray.

bandages are thin strips of kitchen roll

scalpels are thin soldering wire with ends squished and trimmed to shape.

stethascope you've seen previously, twin core wire with earbuds made from blobs of glue then painted.

View attachment 54818

View attachment 57016

20121217_174458.jpg

T

tecdes

Youch Colin all this must take an age all that great detail plus imagination.

No wonder I stick to aircraft structured with simple follow me instructions.

Really have not the patience to accomplish such things. Model making really is diverse.

Laurie

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I do like yer man Colin, excellent bit of scratch building......matches the standard of the rest of your dio.

Nice one.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Fantastic Colin. I can see everything going into this with no detail spared, right down to the rat scurrying along a beam somewhere.

Keep up the good work

Andy

C

CDW

thanks Andy

\ said:
right down to the rat scurrying along a beam somewhere
there's already little chicks near mulcahys tent. got to get some more chickens. there'll be rabbits hanging up somewhere and I might have a bash at a scratched rat just to keep you happy ;)