M*A*S*H diorama

C

CDW

Thanks for the vote of approval Richard.

Stoves..

The body is a wooden bead filed flat for the base and the front, the door is a drawing pin with the shaft cut off, the pipe is a kebab skewer, a bit of balsa for the base and three legs made from those bead ended sewing pins cut to size.

First Name
Andy
The "real" Padres tent hasn't changed much from back then...

This is looking even more stunning each time you get to it Colin, I'm sure they could have used this for planning out scenes for the series...

P

Polux

The environment that is breathed in this diorama is brilliant Colin ;)

Cheers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Colin this is top-notch mate. I have been watching the series again and it looks soooooooooooooooooooo just like it. Well done on the models, scratch items and the dio in general, really like this a lot.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Cheers chaps, still a few more odds and sods to add yet, its one of those that I don't think you could ever be entirely happy with and call it done.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can almost hear the choppers coming over the hill top.

Great stuff Colin.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can almost hear the choppers coming over the hill tops...

Great stuff Colin.

Ian m

S

Sky Raider

Nice to see this again Colin after such a long time. I thought you had completed this also but its good to see it again.

Andy

C

CDW

Andy ... It seems as its never finished mate :smiling3:

Polux ... Will update when I have got a bit more of the ''garden'' done in front of father mulcahys tent.

T

treyzx10r

Colin glad to see this build still alive and well. This is one of those threads that I never tire of seeing,keep up the great work!

C

CDW

Got some of the garden done around the 'padres' tent .....

And now the main figures and vehicles are in place i have added the branches to the main tree and added the smaller trees and bushes around the compound (i would have knocked them off or broken them whilst adding other stuff if id have done them from the start.

Still some other bits of groundwork to do and a few things i can add to the tents etc ... never ending dio it seems! :smiling3:

View attachment 72259

View attachment 72260

View attachment 72261

View attachment 72262

View attachment 72263

View attachment 72264

View attachment 72265

View attachment 72266

SAM_0509.JPG

SAM_0511.JPG

SAM_0512.JPG

SAM_0514.JPG

SAM_0515.JPG

SAM_0516.JPG

SAM_0517.JPG

SAM_0518.JPG

P

Polux

Long life to never ending dioramas!!

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Lovely work Colin, will be sad when you finish it mate :sad:

Cheers

First Name
Andy
\ said:
never ending dio it seems! :smiling3:
Hi Colin,

I think this will be one you could keep going for months, you could always add or remove characters and vehicles, plus you could also have the seasons change by temporarily adding leaves snow etc...

This is a stunning piece and I love checking out what you have done to it each time...

Andy...

C

CDW

Polux, I think both this and your 'secret trip' will be going well into 2014 :smiling3: , there's always 'something' that needs adding or changing it seems. :smiling3:

Andy, unfortunately all the figures and vehicles etc are stuck to the base as sometimes I store it on edge to save space, I do like the idea of 'wintering' it up a bit though ..... Maybe when its complete I'll just give it a sprinkle of bicarb and see what it looks like. :smiling3:

A

AlasdairGF

Loving watching this develop, in awe.

One thing I notice is that the figures seem a bit glossy - thought perhaps this is just because of the camera flash. If not, then might benefit from a light matt coat of some sort. Although maybe mask the blood first for added gruesomeness against matt uniform material... (And maybe mask off the blonde nurse's long hair!)