M3A1 BY ILOVE KITS IN 1/35 SCALE LEND LEASE DIORAMA

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This morning now I have all the correct tools ready I began.
Working out how much resin needed was at first a problem, so filled the base with water ! Poured this back into a jug and taking the measurements I was able to mix exactly the right amount.A little Vallejo colour was added and mixed in.Later I'll introduce some movement .
I hasten to say the base was fully dried with kitchen towel and a hair dryer be fore any resin was poured.
Now sitting on the bench drying, with the occasional blast from the gas burner .
Fingers crossed for the next 12 hours or so so I can remove the edge tape.

1000001783.jpg1000001785.jpg1000001786.jpg
Other makes and colours of bucket are available.
JR.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
What the hell are you doing, John? :surprised:

This definitely looks very interesting and was unexpected!
Now I'm not entirely sure whether you have to display the model under "AFV's" or under "Maritimes"... :thinking: :tears-of-joy:

Without kidding - great job and a pleasure to watch and follow.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What the hell are you doing, John? :surprised:

This definitely looks very interesting and was unexpected!
Now I'm not entirely sure whether you have to display the model under "AFV's" or under "Maritimes"... :thinking: :tears-of-joy:

Without kidding - great job and a pleasure to watch and follow.
Thank you Andreas, might end up not mentioned ever again ! let alone which section !

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Wobble, so not set the house ablaze yet????
For your water movement try DeLuxe Materials 'Making Waves' - it comes out as a paste and once dry is clear. I found to get ripples I dabbed the paste with an old tooth brush... Have a look at their YT video first.
Looking good with the water on the base...
Wibble..

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wobble, so not set the house ablaze yet????
For your water movement try DeLuxe Materials 'Making Waves' - it comes out as a paste and once dry is clear. I found to get ripples I dabbed the paste with an old tooth brush... Have a look at their YT video first.
Looking good with the water on the base...
Wibble..
Wibble, no not yet, just been asked why the shed is so warm .Rushed out to see if things were still there !;)

Have just ordered from the shop before you posted some AK water gel, think its much the same stuff as you mentioned.

Hope all is well .
Wobble

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Wibble, no not yet, just been asked why the shed is so warm .Rushed out to see if things were still there !;)

Have just ordered from the shop before you posted some AK water gel, think its much the same stuff as you mentioned.

Hope all is well .
Wobble
Wobble,
All is safe then, time to worry when your new friends turn up all dressed and booted with their bright red motor....

The AK stuff is pretty much the same....

All's well, poked my nose into the garden and promptly told to go forth and multiply - all I was doing was getting the recycle bin in..... although I did pass a couple of comments like awwwww! not much doing on that tree.....

Wibble

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wobble,
All is safe then, time to worry when your new friends turn up all dressed and booted with their bright red motor....

The AK stuff is pretty much the same....

All's well, poked my nose into the garden and promptly told to go forth and multiply - all I was doing was getting the recycle bin in..... although I did pass a couple of comments like awwwww! not much doing on that tree.....

Wibble
You do like to like on the edge Wibble.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really looking good Wobble, plants, figs and water treatment. Sad to hear of Mr Koi. 40 years is very long life for a Koi.
Looking forward to the resin pour.

Cheers,
Wabble

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Exciting times here at the Towers, managed to get the tank on the dio, Id already done a thin layer of AK still water but removed the first tape .Having allowed the still water to fully dry I added some more edge tape and then sealed the edge.
Note the log supports, I've no idea if these were ever done , but it just adds to the look.
Figures have had the normal black and white treatment and a very thin couple of coats of basic uniform colour of Vallejo . Wasn't happy with the Life Colour, they have wide necked bottles and several that thickened up plus one had dried out. Sent for a AK 3rd Gen Russian uniform set.

View attachment 509191View attachment 509192View attachment 509193View attachment 509194View attachment 509195View attachment 509196
Just a thin layer of STILL WATER around the edge.
View attachment 509197
When this is fully dry, about 2 days then the resin will be mixed and the fun begin.

Comments welcome.

JOHN.
Very convincing

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really looking good Wobble, plants, figs and water treatment. Sad to hear of Mr Koi. 40 years is very long life for a Koi.

Cheers,
Wabble
Oops, typed too soon...the pour looks good too. Forgot to tell you the lesser the pigment added the clearer and less mucky the water will be. Best to use inks which are more translucent. It gets more blurred with the addition of Modge Podge on the surface to create water ripples. Are you adding another layer? As the first will shrink and create the tide marks at the edges. One way to rid of that is to mask the edges when cured and fill or paint up the banks to the water level.

Cheers,
Wabble

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Cheers,
Wabble
Yes Wabble , you get attached to some thing that is there every day during the summer waiting to ew feed.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oops, typed too soon...the pour looks good too. Forgot to tell you the lesser the pigment added the clearer and less mucky the water will be. Best to use inks which are more translucent. It gets more blurred with the addition of Modge Podge on the surface to create water ripples. Are you adding another layer? As the first will shrink and create the tide marks at the edges. One way to rid of that is to mask the edges when cured and fill or paint up the banks to the water level.

Cheers,
Wabble

Cheers,
Wabble
Hi Wabble, having seen other pours I only did a small amount of drops of Vallejo in to the mix., you can actually see through the" water " I did want mud to be stirred up as the tank entered . As for the ripples they are next, just waiting for some AK WATER GEL to arrive from the shop.No more layers, I've removed the tape this morning and its looks good. Done it at the right time as the edge is still soft enough to clean up . .
Will certainly do more of these in the future taking those points you made about ink, so thank you for that. Next is an attempt at the splash or water movement as the tank enters, watch this space !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The pour was a success, having done every thing as per the instructions per the manufacturer and not rushed.
Still need to do the movement , that will be when the gel is delivered.

The only dust is loose that you can see on the front of the tank, i'd been sanding the veneer edge.

Figures have had some work done, will need a lot more, but happy this time. :nerd:

2022_8.jpg2022_11.jpg2022_12.jpg2022_10.jpg
figures, happy overall but need more work done. 2022.jpg2022_2.jpg2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_5.jpg

2022_6.jpg

Working on the skin, done the dark 1st coat and part 2 nd. Will re do the bread bags as the shadow has come out more blue grey, back to deck tan I think.
Thanks for looking in, comments welcome .

JR

Attachments

• 2022_9.jpg
    2022_9.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 1

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Well it really looks very realistic as usual very well done Tovarich :smiling3: :smiling3:

• Love
Reactions: JR