Marks tamiya 1/48 mosquito pr mk IV

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Fashionably late to the party here Mark (have an excuse) and wow, you are really going to town on this baby. Love the wiring and I take it, the round mark behind the wiring on the right interior wall is a knot in the plywood??? Just guessing......Top job Sir!!!.....

Prost
Allen

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Fashionably late to the party here Mark (have an excuse) and wow, you are really going to town on this baby. Love the wiring and I take it, the round mark behind the wiring on the right interior wall is a knot in the plywood??? Just guessing......Top job Sir!!!.....

Prost
Allen
Round Mark!what round mark? :smiling6: you didn't see nothing;);)

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Just a quick update, not to far off done with the cockpit, it will not be getting the resin pilot seat the other one already glued in, it didn't want to go in without some hacking about and in the process I broke off an armrest,on closer inspection it was only held on pretty much by the flash so kit seat and the pe seatbelt will be added,I've match the seatbelt colour on the other seat with the pe colour so should be OK when it's buttoned up.,a few bits and bobs to sort out then the fuselage will be going to together.20220706_233349.jpg20220706_233310.jpg20220706_232917.jpg20220706_232745.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Mark,

That is some very outstanding work Sir!!! Great details and paint work too. BTW, where did you get the caterpillars for the steering yoke??? Out of the garden??? TIA!!!..........

Prost
Allen

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Great looking office there Mark. Very impressive. That’s given us all something to aspire to.
Hi Mark
That is looking superb. Well done indeed.
Jim
That's brilliant!!!

Very well done.

Andrew
Morn Mark,

That is some very outstanding work Sir!!! Great details and paint work too. BTW, where did you get the caterpillars for the steering yoke??? Out of the garden??? TIA!!!..........

Prost
Allen
A great looking cockpit Mark.
Thanks a lot chaps :thumb2:
:smiling5:Allen, was just something I was trying out with the smallest slithers of masking tape I could cut albeit it does look a bit chunky,you don't know till you give it a go
:smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Allen, was just something I was trying out with the smallest slithers of masking tape I could cut albeit it does look a bit chunky

They do look great Mark and must have been hard to make. All kidding aside, growing up back in the colonies, we had little inchworms whose body was the same color and their faces were dark, just like you painted them in the first pic. They would crawl up a tree, spin a cocoon around themselves and then later hatch into, maybe, killer moths or vampire bats or something. Keep up the good work!!!.........

Prost
Allen

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Cracking work so far Mark :thumb2:

You are turning your build into a super detailing master class.

Geoff.
They do look great Mark and must have been hard to make. All kidding aside, growing up back in the colonies, we had little inchworms whose body was the same color and their faces were dark, just like you painted them in the first pic. They would crawl up a tree, spin a cocoon around themselves and then later hatch into, maybe, killer moths or vampire bats or something. Keep up the good work!!!.........

Prost
Allen
Cheers guys :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Don't expect me to go to these high limits Andrew. :anguished:

Excuse us Mark, beautiful work but frightening for a mere beginner like me on wingy things.
You'll be fine..... Just look at how my 109s are going!!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just think of it as a tube shaped building with wings John. As long as you get the seams smooth you’ll do fine. No individual track links on it either, so that is a real bonus…..
You make a very good point!!!