Meanwhile, somewhere in Europe

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That looks great Gerry, hope my first attempt comes close to yours. Rick H.
Rick, this is a steep learning curve, and due to probably ignorance/poor planning on my part is now going slightly 'pear-shaped' as I didn't realise just how much of the base that I'd lose with the 'landscaping' - and though I'd laid it all out on paper, I'm finding that the 'available space' is fast disappearing into slopes which, due to the fact that the models have been pre-made (and suspension/wheels couldn't have been altered anyway), I can't use without a wheel or two sitting up in the air.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Gerry
Just think of it as AFLC ( another flipping’ learning curve) and work with the problems....you’ll get there!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Gerry!

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
As far as the wheels go Gerry..........that's what "ruts" and 'bumps" in the road are for. Sort of evens things out. :thumb2: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Wow Gerry, that was quick........ :thumb2: Rick H.
Doesn't take long - squirt a little bit of black, red and yellow into three corners of a pot, grab a brush, mix a little of each and follow the lines, for the next line, alter the mix a little (or a lot).
This was my first attempt using these paints, so wanted to just see what they're like (more used to water colours) - but seems to have came out ok, think that next lot will have a little water added so they flow a bit better and I'll use a different brush (the one I used was the one that I use for PVA, which is a very stiff one), as they seem thick (probably more suited for finger painting and hand prints ;) ) and in the mixing, I'll have to remember that they seemed to dry lighter by a few shades - though not too worried about that as I'm not trying to 'colour match' anything.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry,
This is really coming together now the rocks look very good.
Thanks - should have done the checks before painting the 'motorbike' area - got to do some rock cutting and lifting or adjusting height - the bike isn't quite high enough and the kneeling chappy needs a little more room for his feet. Still, all a learning experience!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks - should have done the checks before painting the 'motorbike' area - got to do some rock cutting and lifting or adjusting height - the bike isn't quite high enough and the kneeling chappy needs a little more room for his feet. Still, all a learning experience!
Matching figures and vehicles to the ground so they sit naturally is very hard and hard to plan

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress Gerry.......I'm sure you have it well in hand. Could I ask you to please post an overall shot depicting how this all looks with the water etc. Thanks, Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Matching figures and vehicles to the ground so they sit naturally is very hard and hard to plan
Yes, at the moment got so that I'm 'building the landscape' to fit the vehicles/figures (lorry position has changed about 4 times so far from the original placement - think that this one will be the final position!)
Nice progress Gerry.......I'm sure you have it well in hand. Could I ask you to please post an overall shot depicting how this all looks with the water etc. Thanks, Rick H.
Sure - I'll try and get one tomorrow in daylight, though not 'finalized' the water yet (as I'm not sure yet whether to do the pool with varnish, or to do it with silicone, so it's 'dry' at the moment)
But to give you an idea of how it looks/will look
IMG_20210424_204805210.jpg

Last edited: