MENG - T90A (This is going to take a while.....)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I have spent ages working on the engine and I don't seem to be making much progress. I don't know why, it just seems like I can't get it together on the various little sub assemblies and a sensible order of work........ So I'm seriously considering not bothering with the engine, it's not like it's essesntial......:confused:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I have spent ages working on the engine and I don't seem to be making much progress. I don't know why, it just seems like I can't get it together on the various little sub assemblies and a sensible order of work........ So I'm seriously considering not bothering with the engine, it's not like it's essesntial......:confused:
We all feel that way at times Peter, I say go for it, after all it is there and I think it would enhance the build greatly. While working on my present dio I keep thinking about added do-dads and detailing then chucking the idea then bringing it back:confused: Have decided to go for the full Monty on this one:rolleyes: I mean after all there is no rush to complete any project, just keep us up-dated and enjoy yourself;)..................Jim:smiling3:

D

dougie

\ said:
No cop outs now Peter, haha I have literally just finished saying to Sarah that my next build will be planned better and hopefully finished quicker. I think it's easy to get side tracked and jump between assemblies when you get bogged down or are waiting on paint drying but... Just a short while later when you connect a few bits together you will forget any frustration etc...

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I go with the rest Peter you will only kick yourself later if you don't finish the engine

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Ok guys....Thank for your input. I've cracked into it a bit this evening. As Jim says.... I guess there` s no rush......

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
........ So I'm seriously considering not bothering with the engine, it's not like it's essesntial......:confused:
err just makes it into a sitting duck for western armour to practice on :smiling3: :smiling3:

Looking very good so far.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I finally managed to get the engine finished.......... Not the best job I've ever done. The itty bitty pipes were a real challenge. But it's done, I added a little bit of grubbiness as I figured it wouldn't be squeaky clean. ......... But I'm still wondering if it was worth the effort. I've put it into the hull (right now there are clamps on it. I'll post some piccies tomorrow) and you cant see most of it. Particularly the itty bitty pipes........ :sad: .

I've got a couple of coats on the hull and the road wheels are all done (3 Black, 5 Green, 4 Sand)........ Tomorrow, I'll give the wheels and suspension a dry brush and fit them ....... I've already done the drive sprockets with a dull metal........That'll see the hull finished:smiling3:

View attachment 119348

View attachment 119349

View attachment 119350

View attachment 119351

View attachment 119352

View attachment 119353

View attachment 119354

View attachment 119355

View attachment 119356

View attachment 119357

DSCN2028.JPG

DSCN2029.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

DSCN2031.JPG

DSCN2032.JPG

DSCN2033.JPG

DSCN2034.JPG

DSCN2036.JPG

DSCN2037.JPG

DSCN2039.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks Dougie. It's not perfect ..... Probably just as well most of it isn't visible when it's in the hull:rolleyes:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
great work on the engine buddy

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
P

Polux

Nice work so far!

The tracks and the wheels look magnificent ;)

Is not a criticism, just a question. The rear part is ok? seems the tracks don't stick correctly on the wheel. Or is it me?

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Nice work so far!
The tracks and the wheels look magnificent ;)

Is not a criticism, just a question. The rear part is ok? seems the tracks don't stick correctly on the wheel. Or is it me?
Thanks Polux for your comments. They are Munich appreciated........... I agree it looks a bit strange. The idler wheel, which is to the front is quite narrow and sits inside the track on both sides. Odd but that`s how it is.:confused:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Nice work Peter.
Now don't you feel better after doing the engine :smiling3:
Thanks Ian........ I guess so. But it may not be staying in there........ That space may end up with a battery and switch in there. I am contemplating putting LED`s in the laser dazzlers if I can get some small enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dougie

that is a beautiful cutting mat. what a steal!!! the model looks good also :rolleyes:o_O

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
that is a beautiful cutting mat. what a steal!!! the model looks good also :rolleyes:o_O
Thank Dougie........ It was about time I got a new one. Mine was 5 or 6 years old and was full of gouges, blobs of glue and paint marks.

D

dougie

I

\ said:
Thank Dougie........ It was about time I got a new one. Mine was 5 or 6 years old and was full of gouges, blobs of glue and paint marks.
hope you treated your women with more respect, I'll bet that little mat is gutted having provided many years of impeccable service and once it was a bit worn and you had your way with it, it was kicked to the curb :eek: :oops: yeah I need to get a life haha

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I
hope you treated your women with more respect, I'll bet that little mat is gutted having provided many years of impeccable service and once it was a bit worn and you had your way with it, it was kicked to the curb :eek: :oops: yeah I need to get a life haha
Oh I`'ll be keeping it.... Dirty mats, just like dirty women have their uses. :D