Mickc’s Tamiya 1/48 DH Mosquito FB MkIV GB

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
This will be my build and it looks like a nice kit. Quite a few ejector pin marks in the wrong place but nothing major. Building it with no external stores so it looks like the ones from my favourite war film 633 Squadron. Good luck everyone taking part.

D971E7B0-FFF5-400B-B564-F25768EEF969.jpeg58571806-BF18-4E0D-A2BC-892F5649BA04.jpeg84CCAEBA-BB59-454D-9C53-17329B7D3753.jpegE5A11081-7032-4702-A469-77F8C7ED17AE.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I've got their 1/72 version of this in the stash, which I be read somewhere a scaled down version of this.

Good luck with the build!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
They might not all be ejector pin marks Mick, the Mossie interior had a number of circular plywood discs stuck on as mounting points for various extras.
Pete

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Petes right mick , the mosquito had lots of circular wooden pattresses fixed to the inside of the cockpit walls , if i remember correctly from when i did mine ( it was a long time ago !). Cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s my baby too Mick. Does look good doesn’t it. Which version are you doing?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Mick,
I'm another one doing this same kit.... although judging by Tim's Spitfire,and knowing your aircraft builds.... I'm going to be  RIGHT at the back of the class!! ;)
The 633 Squadron is a superb film,I love the the final action scenes.... Top,top stuff :smiling3:
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Mick,
I'm another one doing this same kit.... although judging by Tim's Spitfire,and knowing your aircraft builds.... I'm going to be  RIGHT at the back of the class!! ;)
The 633 Squadron is a superb film,I love the the final action scenes.... Top,top stuff :smiling3:
Andy
Dont be daft bud, you’ll do fine…..and I haven’t painted the spit yet, so hold on to your accolades. They may not be needed LOL……

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I've got their 1/72 version of this in the stash, which I be read somewhere a scaled down version of this.

Good luck with the build!
Thanks Andrew
They might not all be ejector pin marks Mick, the Mossie interior had a number of circular plywood discs stuck on as mounting points for various extras.
Pete
I will check on that Pete thank you
Nice one Mick
Thanks Ian cracking work on yours so far
Petes right mick , the mosquito had lots of circular wooden pattresses fixed to the inside of the cockpit walls , if i remember correctly from when i did mine ( it was a long time ago !). Cheers tony
Thanks for that Tony
One of the best for sure. The kit and the am stuff should make for a great build.
Jim
Cheers Jim, hopefully find out soon
That’s my baby too Mick. Does look good doesn’t it. Which version are you doing?
It does look good Tim, version A but just the guns no bombs under the wings
Good luck with your build Mick :thumb2:

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff
Hi Mick,
Andy
You've got this Andy you're a top modeller so its going to be a beaut.
Still a film I can watch and not get bored

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Good to see this started. Nice to get the upper and lower wings joined - looks neat.
Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Same one as I'm building, well it builds itsself really I just splosh the glue on...
The raised discs on the walls of the cockpit, as others have said are reinforcement points.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just something I've noticed here Mick,and I'm probably being stupid,(no surprise there !! ;) ),
The kit is 1/48 .... But the mask set says 1/32?.... Is that right?
.... Just curious :smiling3:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well spotted that man, I was sent the wrong size but then included it in the pic, durrr
Ha!...
I only noticed because,after my cock up with ordering the wrong set number,I was interested in seeing which one yours was..... then, when I zoomed in,I saw that it was marked 1/32.
The tribulations of canopy masking eh?!! ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The tribulations of canopy masking eh?!!

The Tamiya canopy is not to bad to mask off, but there is more than one way to flog a cat. And Remember; the Mossie had some frames of the canopy that was only INSIDE the canopy so will need painting befor the thing goes on the fuselage.