Mickc’s Tamiya 1/48 DH Mosquito FB MkIV GB

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
The Tamiya canopy is not to bad to mask off, but there is more than one way to flog a cat. And Remember; the Mossie had some frames of the canopy that was only INSIDE the canopy so will need painting befor the thing goes on the fuselage.
Thanks for that heads up Ian

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I've watched a couple of builds now on you tube and have decided not everyone is like me when it comes to removing ejector pin marks. It's like a friend of mine was a world class miniature figure painter but he really annoyed me by not removing all mould lines which once I'd seen them it really spoiled the look. This is one taken from a screen shot. I know most won't be seen and I leave those alone but visible ones have to go.
mos1.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I agree with that Mick. Back in my railway modelling days I used to spend a lot of time filing the cusped edges off of etch kits. I also agree with removing all mould lInes on figures. I spend almost as long cleaning the little blokes as I do painting them. Those sort of issues can total destroy the suspension of disbelief.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I agree with that Mick. Back in my railway modelling days I used to spend a lot of time filing the cusped edges off of etch kits. I also agree with removing all mould lInes on figures. I spend almost as long cleaning the little blokes as I do painting them. Those sort of issues can total destroy the suspension of disbelief.
It used to be a standing joke in our club, I took so long getting models cleaned up and perfectly undercoated my armies were originally known as the ghosts :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Been following this Mick, but forgot to comment- Sorry about that and now's the time (I'm awake) to say.........

"Comment"!!!.........

Oh, uh......I mean, I do love your effort so far and your work looks mighty fine too my friend. If anybody else mentions the 1/32 seatbelts, just tell 'em the pilot was a bit overweight and needed stronger ones.........Prob solved........

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Due to the increased temperatures I’ve been building up sub assemblies as it was too hot to spray. It cooled a little last night to rattle can some undercoat on them. 4 early shifts to do now while the temperature climbs again. Really enjoying this kit.
14A531AE-2125-43EB-97D9-5A629676DD8E.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Nice, neat steady progress. I agree that it's too hot to airbrush so doing little sub-assemblies is a good idea. I'm doing just the same.
I also feel that preparation is important. It's that old saying "If a job's worth doing it's worth doing well"
Jim

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Agree with your philosophical comment O Guru!
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good job Mick. Can you see the gun bay through the crew door? If not, I’ll probably not paint mine…..

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
That cockpit looks very nice. A bit of filling I see along the fuselage but not too bad.
Jim

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nice and tidy office.
Thanks Ian
Good job Mick. Can you see the gun bay through the crew door? If not, I’ll probably not paint mine…..
Just had a look Tim and no, I’ve also left the bomb bay closed up too
Hi Mick
That cockpit looks very nice. A bit of filling I see along the fuselage but not too bad.
Jim
Thanks Jim, yep just a bit to even it out, I took my eye off it and went to do something else

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Taking shape nicely I ended up with a bit of filler in mine too, cockpits looking well.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nicely done so far Mick!!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
No you cant Tim but the when I did mine the nose is such a good fit it doesnt need gluing so you can have it open if desired to display the ammo feeds or closed , without a dodgy open panel line .

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great progress mick , have to agree about the seam lines , all too often a visible mould seam can ruin the effect we’re trying to achieve , cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great progress mick , have to agree about the seam lines , all too often a visible mould seam can ruin the effect we’re trying to achieve , cheers tony
Never built an aircraft kit yet that didn’t need remedial work on the fuselage seams. What I hate is those seams that open up later, usually during the weathering stage when it’s too late to sort them out….