Mick's Eagle Transporter space 1999. MPC 1/32

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
493CC199-1D97-49F0-844B-6CD155CD9396.jpeg

Space 1999 was a UK sci-fi programme. It was set on a research station on the moon, moon base Alpha. At the start of the first series there was a massive explosion when nuclear waste stored on the dark side of the moon detonated. The resulting force of this took the moon out of earths orbit and off into deep space and so their adventures began. The Eagle was used by the inhabitants of the moon base in 5 different roles. Transport, reconnaissance, rescue, freighter and laboratory eagles. It was powered by 4 nuclear fusion rockets and four chemical fuel landing rockets. It could also be fitted with additional booster packs. It carried a laser for armament mounted under the command
module, it also had an extendable turret in front of the centre section. There were only 6 out of the 48 episodes an eagle didn’t appear. Now to the model.

525991CA-0B42-4D50-BFFA-C26670A817AE.jpeg

EBB3D9A9-93AD-4691-93AF-D1128A29AB35.jpeg59F8579D-C46A-43B6-8CEA-A7FACDA10C7A.jpeg89EB45AE-4406-4E5D-ADF0-95AF897BC8F6.jpeg82986359-82BA-436E-931E-9478886EA0F2.jpeg

As you can see I will be adding a little bit of bling along the way.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
A childhood icon to most of us I should think, but I was just starting to get into music by then so missed most of them…..…….I did used to wonder what happened to the oceanic tides after the moon left the earth though……

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice kit Mick.
I built its larger brother a few years ago and really enjoyed the build. I’m sure the 14” version will be equally enjoyable, in fact I have thought of purchasing myself. I’ll definitely be following this. The show was must-see TV to me as a kid and I’ve always had a soft spot for the Eagle which somehow looked plausible as a space craft. That said, in reality you would need to lie down and crawl into the beak, as the door doesn’t match the size of the pod! But we can forgive the Eagle that little design foible just cos it looks so awesome.

You’ve got the etch for the kit too. This build will be cool, I’m getting myself a choc-ice and taking my seat in the theatre…
Cheers, Paul

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Excellent. Another blast from my childhood.

I'll be following.
One of several iconic programmes back then, UFO being another favourite. I can’t help thinking children miss out now
A childhood icon to most of us I should think, but I was just starting to get into music by then so missed most of them…..…….I did used to wonder what happened to the oceanic tides after the moon left the earth though……
Strangely enough Tim me too
Nice kit Mick.
I built its larger brother a few years ago and really enjoyed the build. I’m sure the 14” version will be equally enjoyable, in fact I have thought of purchasing myself. I’ll definitely be following this. The show was must-see TV to me as a kid and I’ve always had a soft spot for the Eagle which somehow looked plausible as a space craft. That said, in reality you would need to lie down and crawl into the beak, as the door doesn’t match the size of the pod! But we can forgive the Eagle that little design foible just cos it looks so awesome.

You’ve got the etch for the kit too. This build will be cool, I’m getting myself a choc-ice and taking my seat in the theatre…
Cheers, Paul
Glad you’ve come to watch Paul, wanted to build one for ages now as it’s such a great looking craft

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
OOOoooo!!! Mick is gonna get all spacey on us here!!! Looks a good kit and you should have fun with it Sir. Too bad you don't get a piece of the moon in it though...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
In for the build Mick, another '70s kid here. :smiling3:
Welcome along Bob
Just pulled up my seat Mick.
Nice one Ian
I remember it well. Looking forward to your build.
Thanks for dropping in Jim
OOOoooo!!! Mick is gonna get all spacey on us here!!! Looks a good kit and you should have fun with it Sir. Too bad you don't get a piece of the moon in it though...

Prost
Allen
Oh most definitely pal, I do love my sci-fi. I looked at the Eagle landing pad but it’s a bit pricey and large

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN IM IN TOOOOOOO loved this when it was on the telly an UFO got the whole series on dvd an startrek an yes im sure the children now a days are missin out on these great programes as there was so many space progames on then in the 60's an 70's as i love SIFI an still do
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Prost
Allen
I have some stale Gruyere, or other Swiss cheeses that may just help sort out the diorama requirements - just call and I'll Klingon on to them rather than chuck them down the Cheddar Gorge!
Steve

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
AN IM IN TOOOOOOO loved this when it was on the telly an UFO got the whole series on dvd an startrek an yes im sure the children now a days are missin out on these great programes as there was so many space progames on then in the 60's an 70's as i love SIFI an still do
chrisb
Welcome along Chris, lots of great programmes
I have some stale Gruyere, or other Swiss cheeses that may just help sort out the diorama requirements - just call and I'll Klingon on to them rather than chuck them down the Cheddar Gorge!
Steve
Cheese base, different
Never seen the show, but I have seen other models of this in magazines, so I kind of know what it’s about :smiling3:
Thanks for setting this one up