Mick's Eagle Transporter space 1999. MPC 1/32

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm at the younger end of these scales being a mere 51, although most mornings when I get up for work..around 03.00 /03.30 i do feel around 85..
51 Chris! - I was only three years old then -(1851) no wonder yoofs have to work hard to feel the power of 'maturity'! PS Mate I can recommend retirement 'cos 85 is just a couple of aches away!
Steve

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks everyone glad to have so many dropping in to my slow build. I’ve now dismantled the box as it contains the painting guide of sorts and some decal placement. The craft has a number of light grey painted panels spread randomly over it. The 1/48 scale model has a sheet of decals for this, they could be adapted but cost over £45 if you can get them and a self adhesive set for a 12” model but they’re tiny. Got to be the long fiddly route then, lots of masking and testing my airbrush skills. After 30 minutes work I’ve got them mapped out on the command module and one leg, Rome wasn’t built in a day
47B0AD1B-2869-4D7F-9FCD-220FB6C0C364.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks everyone glad to have so many dropping in to my slow build. I’ve now dismantled the box as it contains the painting guide of sorts and some decal placement. The craft has a number of light grey painted panels spread randomly over it. The 1/48 scale model has a sheet of decals for this, they could be adapted but cost over £45 if you can get them and a self adhesive set for a 12” model but they’re tiny. Got to be the long fiddly route then, lots of masking and testing my airbrush skills. After 30 minutes work I’ve got them mapped out on the command module and one leg, Rome wasn’t built in a day
View attachment 477585
I SO WANT ONE !! Always have,but do you realise that the minimum cost these days is £70 plus?! :sad:
Great watching your build mate, looking good so far. ;)

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Despite being on nights I've actually managed to make some progress. I haven't done as many of the random panels as shown on the box but all the masking was mind numbing :smiling: If you're rich and can afford the special edition 1/48 Eagle it comes with a set of cartagraphic decal set with loads of grey and grey/green panels to cut to any shape and add to the model. The decals supplied are really good if a little heavy but they virtually fall off the backing sheet when you show them the water. Here's a progress pic with the side pods just push fit, there are more decals to go on yet, some touching up to the paint and then the weathering begins. I haven't forgotten the command module as that is also progressing now.
eagle.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Mick great stuff loved them eagles pity the story lines wernt better as i cant remember where cathrine von snell who was an ailen who could chage into anything with the lovely red hair
chrisb

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wow,wow,WOW!!.... This is SO taking me back to my childhood:cool:.....
.... Splendiferous looking build Mick,looking forward to the next update..... all of a sudden £70 doesn`t seem out of the way!!!:nerd::rolling::dizzy:.....
.... Get behind me Satan!!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Coming along nicely Mick.

Andy.
Thanks Andy
YEA Mick great stuff loved them eagles pity the story lines wernt better as i cant remember where cathrine von snell who was an ailen who could chage into anything with the lovely red hair
chrisb
Totally agree about some of the episodes Chris they were certainly lack lustre
Wow,wow,WOW!!.... This is SO taking me back to my childhood:cool:.....
.... Splendiferous looking build Mick,looking forward to the next update..... all of a sudden £70 doesn`t seem out of the way!!!:nerd::rolling::dizzy:.....
.... Get behind me Satan!!
Cheers Buddy, that Satan from the modelling world is sooooo bad, look forward to seeing you build this model :smiling: :smiling:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
chrisb
Yep,I know who you mean Chris.... she was a bit of a minor crush when i was young and watching the series:hugging-face:.....
.... funny thing is though,or should that be "Sad thing is",the Female Doc,"Helena Russell" was "Ancient" to my young,boyhood,eyes,..... but now when i see the programme i think,"You know what............" :flushed: