More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter,

A deluge of figures, with multiple options every which way, all round.

You really must be spoiled for choice, for what next?

Steady hands for the jumper ribbing, looks really good too.

Tractor parts on the Stalingrad base, how appropriate Peter

Have a good day painting and hopefully not too indecisive on what next

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve. A deluge indeed - great fun.

The Wee Friends figure is finished:

100_2477.JPG100_2478.JPG100_2479.JPG100_2480.JPG

I did paint the kit equipment, but felt that it was a bit lacking, so swapped most of it for Tamiya and Verlinden parts.

One more figure for this vignette......

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Stunning my.friend.Really is a nice collection of figures.Onwards and upwards mate.Next!!.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Richard.

I've made a start on the last Stalingrad figure:

100_2485.JPG

Also decided to add a couple of Verlinden ammo crates for the fourth figure to stand on, otherwise he might get a bit lost at the back:

100_2487.JPG

May not work, but we'll give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Wow, looks so good, and they do "sit" comfortably together too.

Your last figure, great start, another super head, so much character.

He really is bejeweled too, not seem so many gongs on one of your figures before?

That really will lift the figure out of the crowd.

Its finally cooler too, that should ease the paint a little but they are predicting 30+ for the weekend!

I have 2 x 1:16 Tamiya figures in the stash, purchased when I first found your painting blogs on MM

I have just taken delivery of the Scale 75 painting guide, time to put them together?

Hope you have another great day painting.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve. The figures don't fit too badly together, but I'm aware that most of those I'm working with have quite static poses - seems to be the norm though.

As for the gongs, the main part of the tunic comes from a Verlinden figure, based on the chap on the right:

100_2488.JPG

Apparently, he's wearing the partisan combat, infantry combat, wounds and sports badges, as well as the Iron Cross 1st class. Seemed like you could get a medal for anything, and it did get quite ridiculous. In Neitzel and Welzer's excellent book 'Soldaten' the issue is discussed and it was acknowledged at the time how out of hand it got. There was also a lot of resentment from non-combatant troops who didn't get the chance to earn medals.

And yes, get those figures going! The Tamiya figures are excellent, and I really do think that 1/16 is the easiest figure scale. I'd love to see you tackle them.

Have a good day.

D

Deleted member 6559

That's the fourth figure done. No great shakes - just as well he's going at the back:

100_2489.JPG100_2490.JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

The next figure will be one I've just acquired from CGS Miniatures, a 1/16 Panzer Lehr sculpted by Laurent Borget:

100_2500.JPG

I must say that this is just about the finest sculpt and casting I've seen at this scale - absolutely beautiful work. There was virtually no clean up required after removing the casting blocks, and only a tiny bit of filling required where the arms joined the torso. This will probably not be used in a vignette, but rather stand alone.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter,

What a surly bunch, you would not want to meet them on a dark night!

Great composition of the scenario too, you can imagine the interaction between the figures.

""The Ruskkies will be coming from the tracker factory""

The new figure does look good, even unpainted, the head looks like a treat for you work on today

Even spaced and good sized eyes, and a camo helmet cover too?

I guess with the new figure being more animated, he would be difficult to pair up,
unless there was a natural link between him and another animated figure?

Hope the heat hasn't started to rise, as threatened for the weekend?

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve and thanks for checking in - I really appreciate it. My feeling with the new figure is that it's so good it deserves to stand alone (assuming I do a good paint job of course). Great service from Graham at CGS by the way - a little delay because the hot weather made casting difficult, but I can understand that. He couldn't find the mould for the base so sent me one of his sub-masters:

100_2501.JPG

Really very nice.

The head does look great and is incredibly well detailed - the way the helmet cover tucks under the helmet rim is something I haven't seen before.

PS Still got a cooling sea breeze here, which actually makes it quite pleasant.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice choice Mr.D.
Cant beat Panzerlehr.A real interesting subject.Might do a bust of some someday.
Keep cool mate.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - :thumb2:.

Richard - I remember you have a soft spot for Panzer Lehr - a bust would be great.

Here's the noggin:

100_2504.JPG100_2505.JPG

This was quite tricky, but fun to paint once I'd got the hang of it. There were some deep recesses under the eyes which had to be left in shadow, but I think it looks OK.