More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard. I'm having a blast with this one. Just re-painted some of the creasing on the ammo pouches to make them look more multi-directiona. Final pics tomorrow.

Another Dragon Fallschirmjager I enjoyed was this one, which I did a year and a half ago:

100_4674.JPG

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hes a beauty as well mate.Maybe i should do some Cassino.paras sometime.Ive got a Windrow book on Cassino with some nice colour plates like Mountain troopers etc.
Richard.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Chaps.

I wasn't dissng my skills, just stating the fact that the modelling part is something I enjoy less than the painting. A day's build is great fun, but I'm always itching to get the brushes out.

Steve - Rain forecast for today (no gardening, and anyway the back pain has migrated to my neck). Hope you can get some time in on the bust; it's looking very good indeed.

Accessories today, which have to be attached in sequence - grenade, belt loop, ammo pouches.

I’m the same way Peter. I love to hand paint models of all kinds it’s so relaxing

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Why not have a go? A popular subject with lots of variety.

Lee - Brush therapy; I swear by it.

Number four is now finished:

100_4679.JPG100_4680.JPG100_4681.JPG100_4682.JPG

Just the hands and gun to do today, plus a strap for the later. I decided to stick him on a base anyway as I'm not sure he'll fit with the next figure.

The last one will be a variant on this chap:

s-l300 (2).jpg

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Steven and Ralph.

Here are the parts for the final figure:

100_4683.JPG100_4684.JPG

A mix of Dragon and Tamiya parts with a bit of Verlinden thrown in. The only thing that's missing is the trouser pocket, so I'm going to try and make one with Miliput.

D

Deleted member 6559

Construction done on the last figure:

100_4685.JPG

I've probably prepared more equipment than will fit, so some may be left off. I'm going to use an Alpine head given to me by Ralph, which fits perfectly and took a Dragon helmet without adjustment.

As you can see, I've made a new trouser pocket from Milliput. I found the only way to do it was to add small balls of the stuff to the leg, flatten them out, then cut around them with a blade. The finishing was done with a fine brush and water, including working in the folds. It may still need some smoothing with fine sandpaper.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice Sculpting work Peter.Pocket looks fine and dandy.Putty pushing can be highly addictive at times.Got me pew pulled up before the crowd turn up with snacks.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thanks. Glad to be able to use the Alpine head.

Richard = I can see the appeal of messing about with putty - gets addictive very quickly.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just popped in to see how things are going Peter. Nice to see number four is finished. Number three is one of the favourites for me. Good luck with number five

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve - I've just spent an hour fiddling with the fourth one. Straightened the gun and gave him the cigarette I'd forgotten (there was a hole between the fingers on his right hand).

D

Deleted member 6559

The head:

100_4688.JPG100_4689 (2).JPG

I haven't painted an Alpine head for ages, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Made a change from Dragon anyway.

And as if in approval, I'd just finished it when I heard the roar and this was swinging low over the house:

download (11).jpg

(Not taken by me today, but I believe it's the same aircraft).

We get them once or twice a day at this time of the year - very expensive hire trips down to the south coast from Biggin Hill. They've only just started buzzing the cathedral though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Wonderful finish on No. 4 and another great head on No. 5.

I always found 1:35 Alpine very difficult to paint as they seemed to have such smooth youthful faces, not as craggy as Hornet!

2 days of chopping daffs and bluebells, rehanging solar lights, and the result is an aching back and sore shoulders,

SNAP LOL

A trip to the chiropractor to crunch things back to rights and a quiet birthday lunch with my son on his 30th should settle the week back in to something like a ""holiday""!

WOW, ......who am I kidding!

Looks like you will have fun with the body today, is that a smock I see?

How are you going to paint that?

Another sunny day in paradise,

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Wow Steve - sounds like you've been busy. I've been excused gardening for the foreseeable future as the back pain has migrated to my neck, seized that up completely and given me a constant headache. Just can't do that stuff any more. Don't know where the weakness came from; just part of ageing I suppose.

Many happy returns to your son. Thirty eh? Does it make you feel young?

Yes, a camo smock in the offing. I'm going to do Italian.

Tunic (1).jpg

I haven't perfected this yet and thought I'd give it another go. The Germans requisitioned a lot of Italian camo material after Italy's capitulation, and the SS in particular had it made up into various items. Smocks are rare, but were made. The Luftwaffe ground forces wore SS smocks, so it's not impossible. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!