More Tamiya Therapy: Three 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm having a hard time getting a seat in edgewise, seems to be a lot of shuffling of chairs here. Looking forward to further developments and I like the surrender idea. Rick H.

D

Deleted member 6559

Welcome along Rick - there's plenty of room.

I was thinking of doing some definitive (for me at east) out-of -the-box versions of these kits, just to say that I had done them that way at least once. I may therefore not do a surrender, and if that's the case, here's one I did earlier:

100_2321.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Seeing Romans I thought I'd drifted into another thread. The drapery on that great coat is stunning - as good as it gets. Glad so much is still seen with the equipment fitted.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Sorry Jim - got side-tracked into ancient history there. Glad you like the greatcoat - it still needs a coat of matt varnish and some dirtying up.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice surrender scene Peter, I could be happy with that if you decide other wise.
Cheers, Rick H.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Excellent work you did on that older one indeed :thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely progress on the figure, and you still have the head to do, should be a fun day today.

Snow down here and not getting any warmer!

The "Government and medical" professions are playing down the Corona virus as less than winter flu.

But why are they always wearing full CSI suits and breathing gear?

Why is the world economy "collapsing"?

Why are whole towns being isolated?

Being cautious is very wise and I totally agree with you about staying out of town, and the internet has made it so much easier to do.

I am off to see my Orthopaedic surgeon today as my knee is still swollen, which means a visit to Bradford Royal Infirmary

That might be a difficult one!

Have a good painting day

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - :thumb2:

Steven - :thumb2:

Steve - A very scary situation, but it's worth remembering that many, many more people will die of ordinary flu this winter, and we don't seem to care about that. My wife visited friends at the weekend; he's an anaesthetist and she's a GP who had to self-isolate for two weeks, and they endorsed that view - it's a mild illness that only carries off those with underlying medical conditions.

Anyway, slightly reassured (''Darling, you're far too fit and healthy'') it will be on to our man's head today. Depending on progress, I may even get him finished. Enjoy your visit to BRI.

• Wow

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The figures are looking good Peter....nice work.
Don’t let Coronavirus get to you though. The precautions are being taken to stop it overloading the health service, not to try to stop the spread of a lethal disease. It’s lethality is actually relatively low, but it’s transmission rate seems to be quite high and appears to not yet be fully understood. Unchecked, an outbreak would proliferate quickly and could easily overwhelm the medical services in an area. The precautions are designed to allow the health services to deal with a manageable stream of cases rather than face a huge influx over a few days.

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - Exciting times! My wife may get called back in if the thing escalates.

Back to the build, and one finished machine-gunner:

100_6687.JPG100_6689.JPG100_6690.JPG100_6693.JPG100_6694.JPG100_6692.JPG

I had to abandon the kit head, as some damage around the right eye meant that I couldn't get a decent finish. Fortunately, I had this one by Dragon, conveniently wearing a headscarf. After that, I just had the right hand and MG42 to paint and attach, and a strap to make for the gun. The base is a Tamiya one with a few bits and pieces added.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

Lovely painting Peter. :smiling3:
I have painted this a couple of times myself.

D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Thank you.

Ralph - Cheers. I think this is my sixth version.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another great figure and well finished too.

Russian Khaki next for a change of pace?

Would you do the Wehrmacht officer in the very early war grey, field grey with no medals?

Have you looked at how you could ""change"" either figure with parts/arms from your spares box?

Its bright but cold here today, I survived my visit to BRI yesterday and came away with

"It could take 6 months for the swelling to settle"",

I better get on with some modelling and "practise" being sat at a desk LOL

Have a good day making your next choice of figure

Keep your hand wash close too!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Glad you like our man. I have actually fiddled with the poses of all three in the past, and this time I wanted to make definitive OOTB versions, an ambition already compromised by the head change unfortunately. I'll do the occifer next, in early war uniform.

In for the long haul with the knee it seems. A good excuse not to use it and sit at the bench (no crawling about in the attic either).

• Haha
D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Steve.

On to the officer figure and here's the solitary sprue:

100_6696.JPG

Decals are provided for the insignia and awards, but as they are already well sculpted on the figure I won't use them, except perhaps for the helmet badges.

He has now been put together:

100_6698.JPG

As you can see, a bit of a filler-fest. The fit wasn't that good unfortunately, and there were a lot of prominent mould lines to remove. Hopefully it's all taken care of, but the equipment should hide any nasty bits. I've also given him a set of binoculars from the spares box - I feel that a field officer should always carry a pair.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Winter is still hanging around with a cold and frosty start to the day.

Will you continue with your body first and head 2nd today?

It does look like I shall have to hang back on returning to work to retire until the Corona virus has gone full circle.

I shall avoid the attic too, though I could do with getting my soldering kit, which is temptingly sat at the far side on a shelf!

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H