New to Airbrushing question?

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks, Paul, so you still need a compressor with it then, and there's no such thing as a pure gravity-fed one??

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I do need to invest in a new compressor but at the moment I am still using one of these little tankless versions and to be honest I don't really have any issues with it, I'm sure I will notice the difference when I get a new one but mines been fine for learning and getting a feel for airbrushing

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I see.
I thought it had a small compressor?

SO, put my brain in order if possible please (I am a ficko)....
I just assumed a "Gravity air sprayer" doesn't require a compressor Right/Wrong?
What exactly does a gravity-fed one look like please?
Excuse the dumb questions :smiling3:
Sorry, I meant to say that the compressor doesn't have a tank!
Pete

First Name
Andy
I use a Bartsharp AC01 tankless compressor and it does just fine with no pulsating. The only difference to one with a tank is that the compressor runs all the time while spraying but it is not really noisy so not a problem. Pricewise they are about £65 with free postage.

Andy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
My Iwatta compressor is tankless as well and I experience no pulsing whatever. Not one I’d recommend to a novice though. Its more expensive than an AS 186, and for learning, the 186 is more than adequate.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
My Iwatta compressor is tankless as well and I experience no pulsing whatever. Not one I’d recommend to a novice though. Its more expensive than an AS 186, and for learning, the 186 is more than adequate.
I agree about the 186. My first compressor was an AS186 and it did me well and lasted well over 5 years representing great value for such a cheap Chinese product. It makes a perfect first time compressor for anyone.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
As funds are low, Is this used one worth a punt?

or are there any used ones on this forum?
Looks fine to me. Worth it for the compressor alone. Don’t worry about the leak around the gauge that the seller mentions, that should be easily fixed with a little plumbers PTFE tape.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I got a bit excited seeing this and didn't look properly at the postage. Doh!!!
Trying to get a bargain :smiling3:

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers, Jim.
6 more days b/4 the end though, so not very hopeful.
There are plenty more there to have a punt at unless I win the lottery.
Then I'll move house with a very large modelling room with all the equipment I need/want ha ha.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Considering your first choice was second hand 70quid with postage this one also second hand i dont know what kind of max bid you've made but plus best part of seven quid postage ? You can get the same switzer airbrush compressor kit brand new Inc postage 63.99 or 64 .99 sorry cant be bothered to go back and look on flea Bay.
Personaly I'd go brand new every time .

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Considering your first choice was second hand 70quid with postage this one also second hand i dont know what kind of max bid you've made but plus best part of seven quid postage ? You can get the same switzer airbrush compressor kit brand new Inc postage 63.99 or 64 .99 sorry cant be bothered to go back and look on flea Bay.
Personaly I'd go brand new every time .
Yes, I have earmarked that one for £65.
I haven't put in a massive bid and quite a while to go, so probably end up splashing the cash :smiling3:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not that's its of any interest to Modler Bob but I have a tankless compressor , bought it after my AS186 packed up. Posted this because some say you get a pulse with out a tank ! Iv'e never had that occur.

1657468814880.png