New WIP

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan to be honest its my first time using the coffee stirrers also, I think they are great things to use.Thinking about building a news paper stand/cubicle out of them for the dio.
They also could make a table top and I think I'll try and make a park bench :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

You`re not wrong, the amount of things that can made with them is endless, let me know how you get on with your park bench ,wouldnt mind seeing that;)

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Polux for your kind words, and I`m glad you like the build buddy.

T

tommy1drop

Hi all just a little up date on the dio, as you can see I have started on the cobbles, and believe me this is time consuming and tedious, so far there is 500 of these in the pic shown , I ve made these out of cork, as well as the paving slabs that are on the platform and around the buildings, but I`m sure the end result will be worth it. ;)

I have also started on the figures and railway accessories, I will get some piccies on soon enough of these:rolleyes:

Will post more piccies soon, but I hope you like it so far.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks superb like the cork paving looks spot on..and looking forward to seeing more

First Name
Richard
Looking good Tommy, keep the mojo flowing. ;)

Cheers Richi

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start off the buildings, do like the wall paper you have used in one off them,

keep the pic,s coming

T

tommy1drop

Thanks all, have been at it again with the cobbles....half way done now:eek: determined to get it done by the weekend;)

Will have some more pics to show soon, glad you like it so far!

Tom

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work coming alone very nicely , look forward to your next posting keep up the good work,

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Monica glad you like it, should have more pics by Sunday ;)

P

Polux

Wow! that patience with this cobbles!! :P

Looking very good Tommy, I'm glad you are posting again with that one! ;)

Polux

T

tommy1drop

Hi Polux glad you like it buddy, nearly finished the cobbles, just on the last run with them, should be wrapped up some time today;)

then I will start on the two resin wall sections, and the railway accessories, never ending:eek:

But I`m starting to really like the look of this dio now;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Playing catch up a bit.....

This is looking great Tommy....You sir, have the patience of a Saint!

Excellent work.

Ron

T

tommy1drop

Just a small update on the dio, finally finished the cobbles and I`m chuffed on how they turned out, it`s first time I`ve made cobbles out of cork and it wont be the last;)

I`ve also added a few bits and bobs to see what they look like on the base, these being a clock on the platform , some bench`s and bollards on the front of the base, I also made a scratch built entrance out of balsa and coffee stirrers, this will be made into a canopy of sorts onto the main building, hope you like it so far, will update as I get more done;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
its looking realy nice ,great job on the buildings and the little post things just add that little bit more

what thickness cork do you use ? as it looks only about 2 mm or so ?

and I spotted your guttering i need some off that where abouts did that come from please ?

the canopy truded out very nice

look forward to the next update

First Name
Richard
Way out dude;), nice work, like the combination of scratch building (which is brilliant!!) and the use of minimart parts.

Street work looks amazing

Keep it coming Tommy.

Cheers Richi

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica yes it`s 2mm cork, I got this from a railway model shop on e-bay, it comes in a roll, so easy to use and plenty of it, the guttering is from the Mini art kits(buildings), I don`t know of any other suppliers of 1:35 scale guttering, perhaps someone on here may know of some suppliers ;)

Hi Richi and Polux glad you like it fellas :smiling3: cracking on with the windows today and more work on the entrance(canopy) to the platform, might even have a look at the vehicles;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Waited a while until I commented on this. Totally superb, the courtyard looks spot on, very natural and life like. The wear in places and uneven cobbles gives it dimension and again, adds to the reality of the piece. The structures are top notch with great detail. Keep at it and this should be one awesome set piece.

Si:smiling3: