Ok i'll join the dio brigade

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Colin. Not sure what to go with. I have the field green/grey and it blends nicely with the uniform. Black would stand out. But i should try at least 'some' authentisity lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Colin. Hmm black it is then i suppose lol

P

pneupack

Looking good mate some nice work on the trees etc, looking forward to the finished Dio, nice build so far.

Robert

T

treyzx10r

Just catching up on this thread Allyne,missed it somehow my bad. I like what you've got going on with the base!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Robert n Trey. Getting there slowly. First ever dio so trying to work some things out :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

I'm still stuck with my first dio half done and it was started last year so do'nt feel you're moving slow ! Never appreciated how much goes into one of these until now !

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Know that feeling Trey. Not building an aircraft has me well outside my comfort zone. But it's fun as well

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's the ticket, Allyne....slow and steady there's no other way. I know I harp on a bit about dioramas, but as you state they are great fun to do, particularily coming up with ways to do things and watching your creation come to life with each bit you add on.

Best of all it is yours and yours alone and the only one in the whole wide world!!

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Tried to use Ron's method of re-creating some damaged road by the tank tracks. Laid down some diluted pva then sprinkled on some dirt. Mashed it in with a steel 6" inch rule to try and create some tank tread markings in the dirt. Looks ok but i need to try and get some faint shadowing in the grooves i think to highlight the track damage.

T

tommy1drop

Looking good Allyne, love the groundwork, looking forward to seeing more.

Tom

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's nice work on the track marks Allyne.....It looks fine as it is, but if you really want to make the marks stand out, just go over the whole of the track imprints with a well diluted brown or black or whatever colour you fancy, then straight away go over the paintwork with a cloth, this will remove most of the paint, but leave paint in the grooves......Work quickly mind, or the paint will dry over the whole thing!

Cheers,

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers for the tip Ron

J

Jim Scott

Nice work Allyne, looks superb, the figure painting looks the part too..it's going to be a good one.

Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok i've painted the four German figures. Need to add the vital other stuff (obviously lol). But i think they've turned out ok. Will never be able to get a true representation of Dot 44 purely because the dots are so small on the real item. But it looks ok :smiling3: