OV10-A Bronco 1/48 Testors

C

CDW

Coming on nicely Trey. ... lots of work gone into this already eh?

I use liquid paper thats branded "Tippex" it seems to be able to be built up in layers better than some of the cheaper ones and can fill gaps that are quite big. Wet sanding seems to be the best option as you said above.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks for the tips on the use of tippex guys. I was quite disappointed when i used it, but I'll retry using the tips you've mentioned.

The Bronco is coming on a treat Trey. Looking forward to seeing more.

Tony.

S

Sky Raider

Nice work Trey. You always go that extra mile and it pays dividends. Brilliant mate,

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Colin,yes lots done and lots more to go yet!

Tony thanks hope you have a better second go with the liquid paper(tippex)

Thanks Andy much appreciated!

I've got some minor work done on the Pod. Canopy parts just required a little sanding on the edges to get the fit snug. Filed the seats down so they cleared the canopy and some plastic card covered the ugly seam on the IP. Next up will be scratching all the missing office details,not going to be 'rivet counter' perfect but enough so its not the barren waste land it is now.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Trey. I had a look on Wikipedia yesterday, I didn't realise how slow the Bronco was with only a top speed of 281 mph.

Vaughan

M

mobear

you are doing a fantastic job getting this too look good,well played

mobear

K

Kressy13

Looking good trey, all the sub assemblies look a little weird until they are pieced together. Doing well mate, keep it up.

Cheers

Kresten

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Trey, it's looking like a Bronco now.

285mph might not sound fast, but it would be very difficult to shoot at a target doing 200mph plus at low level, where the Bronco would have operated.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for all the positive input everyone ,really appreciate it! Yes it was slow ,but like good southern Bar-B-Q slow and low is hard to beat!

I've broke out the old stand by green squadron putty for the gun pods

Starting to add some detail to the office,avionics shelf

Placed the seats temporarily so I could figure the placement of the other components

Added the IP bulkhead for the back seater

Some side detail added

Up next will be some fiddly bits for the avionics shelf and the throttle /prop position levers

T

treyzx10r

I'm also finding some really strange little bits about this airframe as I research,how about a float version?

First Name
Dave
Ah,proper modelling at last.Lots of Squadron green and bits of plastic card!.Coming on well Trey.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Dave!

I've managed to get the bulk of the office mods in place and a shot of primer

T

treyzx10r

I've got the office about %90 wrapped up just some minor tweaks needed. I added some fiddly bits and wiring to the avionics shelf and set the seats in place. I went ahead with the kit supplied Pilot figure,why Testors felt the need to put one with an O2 mask in this kit is beyond me. Of course look at the rest of the kit and it should'nt really be a shocker huh? Enough of my griping heres the pics.

Seats are really nice resin ones from Verlinden

I also rescribed the pod

First Name
Dave
Coming together nicely Trey. Those seats look well detailed.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Wow the detail Trey! Keep the photos coming.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Dave,Vaughan,Ole thanks for the support! I've put it off long enough time to rescribe the wing uggggghhhhhh!

K

Kressy13

This is coming along really well Trey. Those seats look great.

Cheers

Kresten