"Pakin A Surprise"

T

tommy1drop

Hi all I know I posted a new dio yesterday that I am building, but I have just started another one today:eek: I have had this idea banging around in my head for some time, it will involve 3 Miniart buildings, lots and lots of cobble stones and kerb stones, some traffic lights and a fountain feature, there will also be various other bits and bobs...and this one is a lot bigger:D

I got bored and wanted to keep busy, the cobble stones are being made from the Diorama Debris molds I got for my birthday:smiling3: but there is going to be so many of them on this dio that I now wish I hadn`t bothered:rolleyes: only kidding....anyway, I will keep this one updated with lots of piccies:D

First Name
Richard
Hi Tommy,

Nice start on this one.

I have to make a some free time to follow all your dio builds;)

And a sofa instead of a chair, and lots of popcorn.

Cheers Richi

T

tommy1drop

Hi Richi thank you mate, glad to have you along, I have done a little more on this one today with the addition of some kerb stones and granite sets and drain cover, added some piccies of what it looks like so far:rolleyes:

Well that`s it for now, hope you like it:smiling3:

Last edited:
First Name
Richard
Well, Tommy I do hope you are counting the stones!!!

Cheers Richi

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start Tommy do like the sound of this one ,

and you go me in as well move over Richi, i like lots of pics :D

you will be seeing cobble stones in your sleep believe me lol, , what i do is mix some black

paint in the water then the plaster ,and you get all types of gray/black stones, :rolleyes:

did you also get the kerb stone mold as well ?

and also you using the mini art street kit ?

I,m going to enjoy this one, :D

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica thank you for that and thank you for the tip, going to give that a try tomorrow now:smiling3: yes the mold is the one from diorama debris, they are really good, wish I`d got these a lot earlier:rolleyes:

I`m using some of the Miniart street items in this one, and I hope I`m not up all night counting the cobbles:eek: glad to have you along:smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Richi I`m already trying to work out how many cobbles I need:eek: too many, I wish I hadn`t started now:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
you know what i do ,is make alot of cobbles to fill a take away food container ,use them ,

and as laying them still be making more ,as it sets quite fast so ,you are doing both at once :rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Just a small update on the dio, as you can see I have added a few cobbles :rolleyes:but it looks as if I am going to be busy with these:eek: I have also started the buildings, I have decided instead of three buildings there is only going to be two now:rolleyes: change of plans, I am now going to put in a small park area where one of the buildings was going to go, anyway, this is where it`s at, hope you like it so far:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Some work in fitting those cobbles...looks good though. Nice work mate, coming together to create, what should be, something rather special.

Si:smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Si, just starting the interior, or what left of it in the russian house :eek:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real liking this Tommy, and I know how it is laying cobble, top job so far,and looking good, :D

nice start on the building as well, dose not look like to much filling along the broken bit,

did you sand both halfs on a sheet of sand paper to get them flatter ? :sad:

look forward to next update keep up the great work,o_O

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica thanks for that, the cobble mold is excellent, you don`t have to really do anything other than knock them out of the mold;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just tine thats all, waiting for plaster to set is just as bad as waiting for paint to dry lol, :D

First Name
Aaron
What a treat...I love your work mate so this will be a fun watch for me.