"Pakin A Surprise"

First Name
Richard
Got to get me some more popcorn and some cheese to

Brilliant really enjoying your build Tommy

Cheers Richi

D

dubster72

Just caught up with this one Tom, wow there's some great work going on here! Looking forward to the next installment :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Just a small update on the dio, as you can see there are a few more cobbles added:rolleyes: with a few more to add:eek: I have also added the rest of the kerb stones and have decided to make a park entrance instead of another building, I wanted to break up the dio, so I thought the park entrance would do that, I have also started work on the buildings, will update on them as I get more done on them;)

So this is where its at, hope you like it:smiling3:

Sorry for the poor pics, was done using mobile phone:oops:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just caught up with this one - nice going so far Tommy.

Will you be putting drop kerbs in front of the park gates? I would have thought they'd be needed for vehicles - even if the park was created back in the days of the horse and cart.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Wow like this lots of stones there will keep you very busy for a while but worth it in the end buildings look great to

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice Tommy but I don't envy you with those cobble stones I'd be dreaming about them :D they do look great though

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Following this with interest. Respect to you mate for sticking with the stones. :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Nice going there Tommy Like it allot.

For your own safety you need to take a break after glueing 150 stones;)

Keep it going mate.

Cheers Richi

T

tommy1drop

Hi Gern no plans for the drop kerbs mate, wish I had thought about it before hand:oops:

Hi John thank you for that buddy, To many paviors, but I`ve started, so I`ll finish:eek:

Hi Alan, some folk count sheep before they go to sleep, I have started counting block paving:D

Hi Peej, thank you for that, the stones have stuck to me, the carpet, the dogs;)

Hi Richi glad you like it mate, I`m hooked on this now:eek: I`ve got to get it finished, I have to get it finished, it wont beat me...never, I keep telling myself only 150 to go:D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Well, while you're still enjoying fitting all those paviors, you could make a proper junction of your road into the park - it wouldn't add too many extras .....

T

tommy1drop

Hi Gern, I have some traffic lights that I would like to add, but it`s just working it out, got to make sure t looks right, thanks for the advice and thoughts on this, it`s definitely getting me thinking now;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi Gern, I have some traffic lights that I would like to add, but it`s just working it out, got to make sure t looks right, thanks for the advice and thoughts on this, it`s definitely getting me thinking now;)
I wouldn't presume to advise you Tommy, you're more capable than I am with this stuff - I just thought it looked a bit odd to have a gate wide enough for vehicles but without any access.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Gern any ideas are more than welcome, the gates are part of an entrance to a local park, going to keep it pedestrian only, but you have made me think of adding a set of traffic lights to the dio now, it will add to the scene and hopefully break up all that paving.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi Gern any ideas are more than welcome, the gates are part of an entrance to a local park, going to keep it pedestrian only, but you have made me think of adding a set of traffic lights to the dio now, it will add to the scene and hopefully break up all that paving.
Pedestrian only? Maybe a couple of the bollards from the Miniart set in front of the gates to explain why there's no vehicle turning?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work Tommy, looking great like the park idea, and all these stone, well done,

keeping an eye on this one, ;)

T

tommy1drop

Hi Gern good idea mate, i just happen to have some of them ;)

Hi Ian it sure feels epic at the moment :smiling3:

Hi Monica glad you like it;)

T

tommy1drop

A bit more of the same (paving:eek:smiling3: this is where the dio is at, as you can see more paving has been laid:rolleyes: with more to follow:eek:

I`m starting the buildings, some internal work inside the buildings to show bomb damage etc and some paving, I`m thinking of doing the paving in cork rather than plaster, but that could change depending on how look the cork paving turns out:rolleyes:

Anyway thats it for now, hope you like it so far :smiling3:

Next batch 220 of them, and believe me....they don`t go far:eek:

Ready for cuts :eek:

The end is near :rolleyes: