papa695's XH558 Vulcan

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Some very nice work going on in here Ian mate, can't wait to see more.

Have fun, John

I

ian lanc

\ said:
can't wait to see more.
Unlike the pilots....lol

Always enjoy the old Airfix Vulcan being born again.

Oh and can't get over how much money yet again is needed for XH558! I can see it going to Duxford permanently sooner than intended.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
OOH little mesters! Excellent to see some pilots going in Ian. Its coing on nicely matey , i was looking on the vulcan to the sky website last night and it says that 2013 is going to be the last season to see xh558 flying , its then going to be retired and become the centrepiece of a project aimed at inspiring yoiung engineers , as well as this they intend to keep the aircraft groundworthy (i dont know if thats a word !?) and occasionally do fast taxi runs like the victor at bruntingthorpe. cheers tony

I

ian lanc

\ said:
i was looking on the vulcan to the sky website last night and it says that 2013 is going to be the last season to see xh558 flying , its then going to be retired and become the centrepiece of a project aimed at inspiring yoiung engineers , as well as this they intend to keep the aircraft groundworthy (i dont know if thats a word !?) and occasionally do fast taxi runs like the victor at bruntingthorpe. cheers tony
All that money people have put into XH558 to get her flying and then to be grounded is truly shocking.

I even read were a pensioner gave all his life saving in getting her up in the air, I bet I know what he is thinking now:sick:

Anyway lets not get this thread about the real XH558 so its back to the model.............

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well, if you have had the opportunity to see it flying then those are memories, regardless of the aircraft's future, that you will cherish forever.

Ian, great start and good job on the crew. You must have a lot of space to display this in, I imagine it is not small even in 72!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I

ian lanc

\ said:
Well, if you have had the opportunity to see it flying then those are memories, regardless of the aircraft's future, that you will cherish forever.
Ask me if I have memories of Vulcan's taking off RAF Finningly during the 'cold war'?

Right above my head three of them in a triangle formation and within minutes three

different Vulcan's pass over my head to land! Now that is some memory to think of

and it became the norm' when we used to go and watch them do their stuff, The noise

was deafening as the Vulcan's went over our heads and it seemed you could have touched

them they were that low and slow. FANTASTIC.

Ian.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Really enjoying the progress on the vulcun Ian keep those pictures coming!

Cheers,Ben

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking good. Your re-scribing looks excellent, you obviously have a bit more patience than me !

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
C

CDW

That extra litle detailing looks the part Ian, it's amazing what a difference a few wires make eh? :smiling3:

I

ian lanc

Have you glued all the main wheels onto the undercarriage ?

I found in the past not to glue the wheels onto the pegs until the model is nearly finished!

That way you can glue all the wheels on to ensure 'all' of the wheels sit on the deck.

Ian.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian no not glued yet, just placed them there so i/you's could see what it looks like, was going to glue them in last anyway, but thanks for the heads up

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work in the U/C bays Ian , cheers tony