papa695's XH558 Vulcan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry no updates or building on this, not been very well ( dodgy tummy ) and now the wife goes into hospital today for gamma knife surgery on the tumor she has very stressful time at the moment

T

tecdes

Not the best of times Ian especially when it is the most precious person in your world.

Hope all goes well for your wife & for yourself & that things return quickly to that sometimes elusive plato of tranquility.

Laurie

C

CDW

Give our fondest wishes to Mrs. Ian please.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ian , please pass on my best wishes to your wife , and also to you mate , hope everything goes well . Dont worry about the builds , other things must take priority, cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thankyou all for the well wishes for the wife she say's thank you also, the op went well and she's now home so will make another start on this in the morning

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Glad to hear that your good lady is well and things went well.

The Big V is also looking very nice in her war paint.

Ian M

M

mobear

i nearly went `live long and prosper`all because of the vulcan thing,looking fantastic mate

mobear

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking good! Also glad to hear your wife is well and everything is working out. The Vulcan is a real icon of the Cold War, a legendary shape.

T

treyzx10r

Glad to hear the Missus is doing better! The Vulcan is coming along nicely,love the cammo Ian!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Got all the painting done View attachment 54350 View attachment 54351 View attachment 54352 View attachment 54353 View attachment 54354 Next up was the exhaust's just a hole and you can see the insides. View attachment 54355 Bonfire night had just finished and when cleaning up the yard i found these View attachment 54356 View attachment 54357 I think there from the multi pack fireworks the ones you light and a display lasts a couple of minutes . Well i thought they would do nice for the exhausts View attachment 54358 View attachment 54359 Just needed to sand the insides a little with the dremmel think it looks ok

View attachment 56582

View attachment 56583

View attachment 56584

View attachment 56585

View attachment 56586

View attachment 56587

View attachment 56588

View attachment 56589

View attachment 56590

View attachment 56591

Exhaust's and last paint 009.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 010.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 011.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 012.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 013.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 005.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 003.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 004.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 007.jpg

Exhaust's and last paint 008.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good Ian, lovely job on the camo and a great touch with the firework exhausts! Dont let anyone go too near it with a lighted fag though, if theres any unburnt gunpowder in them you might be re-creating the airshow vulcan scramble , taking off from the bench!!!LOL!! keep it up mate its going to look amazing , cheers tony

M

mobear

ooOOOooo afterburners hahahahahahha,really clever idea though and looking more like creeping death now

mobear

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice work on the jet exhausts. Imagine the instructions for a QRA take off - light blue touch paper and stand back..........

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good.

The Vulcan was the best thing about "Thunderball" along with the shark pool......I was too young for the charms of Claudine Auger or Luciana Paluzzi. Q was more up my street!

Cheers

Steve