Peter's Polar lights 1/350 Uss Enterprise -A and full lighting kit

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter thats sad how did a wire come off ? AN DID YOU NOT leave a good lenght inside so if it doed break off then you can drill out the wire an pull te wire through to be rejioned ?
chrisb

Last edited:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI Peter thats sad how did a wire come off ? AN DID YOU NOT leave a good lenght inside so if it doed break off then you can drill out the wire an pull te wire through to be rejioned ?
chrisb
It needs to be resoldered I am hoping I can gently take the nacelle apart and the wiring issue I will have more in the post Monday

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very late to this Pete, following a good read through I can honestly say that this in mind blowing .
Hope you get that last wire soldered ok .

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great progress Peter.
Don’t be discouraged by the setbacks, it’s amazing what can be pulled back from the edge of disaster. I recently made a mistake on the very last top, flat coat on one of my Fokker Dr.1s and had no choice but to strip all the paint back to bare plastic whilst still trying to save the interior. I managed it, repainted it, decalled it again and it’s as good as new. I find that modelling is very rarely a straight line start to finish, setbacks for whatever reason come with the territory and we learn from them. You also feel a real sense of achievement from having avoided catastrophe.

This model will be truly epic when built, I‘m really looking forward to it. I have every faith you’ll sort the solder issue.
I’ve all my fingers crossed for you..
Cheers
Paul

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely indeed Pete. Hope you get the wire sorted.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Peter now did you use super glue to jion up the engine nacle ? as if you did then get some superglue unjioner as ive used this an it works an unjions the bits stuck togeather then you can rejion the wire an then reglue hope that this works as i know them engine nacles are big
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great progress Peter.
Don’t be discouraged by the setbacks, it’s amazing what can be pulled back from the edge of disaster. I recently made a mistake on the very last top, flat coat on one of my Fokker Dr.1s and had no choice but to strip all the paint back to bare plastic whilst still trying to save the interior. I managed it, repainted it, decalled it again and it’s as good as new. I find that modelling is very rarely a straight line start to finish, setbacks for whatever reason come with the territory and we learn from them. You also feel a real sense of achievement from having avoided catastrophe.

This model will be truly epic when built, I‘m really looking forward to it. I have every faith you’ll sort the solder issue.
I’ve all my fingers crossed for you..
Cheers
Paul
VERY well said Paul an you are right
chrisb

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Pete, kept meaning to catch up on this build, You haven't disappointed mate, cracking work so far. the refit Enterprise is, for me, the most beautiful craftered model in Sci-Fi and you are certainly doing her justice mate.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
GLAD you sorted it Peter but on my enterprise them blue engine sections are fitted in from the inside of the nacele so did you refix it ?
chrisb

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Good to see you managed to fix it without having to tear too much of the nacelle apart :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
GLAD you sorted it Peter but on my enterprise them blue engine sections are fitted in from the inside of the nacele so did you refix it ?
chrisb
I managed to fix it by taking off the pylon and using a old pair of tweezers bent to hold it in place from the inside

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great news Peter :thumb2: Phew! You can now move forward.
As Jean Luc would say,‘Engage!’…

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Glad you managed to effect a repair mate.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have the crew in the arboretum they were a little tall so I had to cut the feet off IMG_20230322_173440.jpg
And I am now almost ready to start assembling the secondary Hull. IMG_20230323_165834.jpgIMG_20230323_165856.jpgIMG_20230323_165931.jpg
And two finished pylons IMG_20230323_165950.jpg