Ralph's first real diorama (Untitled)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friends.

Well here I go,my first attempt at a proper diorama.

There will be about 23 figures on this (more may be added).

This is going to take me a while and is going to be weird for me as I will be working on more than one kit at a time.

I've already started work on the 2 buildings and will be starting on the figures also.

I won't be taking too many pics,probably as I finish each piece.

I have the basis of an idea and it will probably change as I go along so any Idea's thrown at me will be considered.

All the best.

Ralph.

These are the kits I will be using.

$_35P1TTEO5J.jpg

DSCF3411.JPG

DSCF3272.JPG

DSCF3275.JPG

DSCF3276.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
There's more going in to this than an episode of Eastenders! Looking forward to seeing more Ralph
\ said:
Good luck, not that you will need it, Ralph. This is going to be a real treat :smiling3:
\ said:
Go for it Ralph, will be watching for sure;).........Jim:smiling3:
\ said:
Oh!! Interesting!!
The idea of add all those figures is simply great.

The sensation of live will be magnificent ;)
Thanks Friends:smiling3:.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
have my attention as well Ralph,should be busy and a very interesting scene ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi friends

I've got the field kitchen and a few figures ready for painting.

I've also been working on the buildings.This is my first time with Miniart buildings and I have too say I think they are utter crap.Some of the parts were so brittle that they shattered,however I have persevered with them and after quite a bit of work on them this how they look at the moment.

DSCF3452.JPG

DSCF3455.JPG

DSCF3450.JPG

DSCF3456.JPG

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Hi friends

I've also been working on the buildings.This is my first time with Miniart buildings and I have too say I think they are utter crap.Some of the parts were so brittle that they shattered,however I have persevered with them and after quite a bit of work on them this how they look at the moment.

View attachment 154580 View attachment 154581 View attachment 154582 View attachment 154583
\ said:
Hi friends

View attachment 154580 View attachment 154581 View attachment 154582 View attachment 154583
I did find them really time consuming kits myself but the end results are worth the pain.

Looking good so far Ralph and Iooking forward to how you make all these sets gel together

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Awwwww, I like MiniArt buildings. They do take some getting used to though. Great progress Ralph:smiling3:
\ said:
This is looking fantastic so far Ralph
We are going to be treated to something really special here

Looking good

Robert
\ said:
Miniart buildings are a test of patience, that's for sure! But yours are looking good Ralph
\ said:
I did find them really time consuming kits myself but the end results are worth the pain.
Looking good so far Ralph and Iooking forward to how you make all these sets gel together
Thanks for the nice comments Guys.

I don't have a problem with the detail or the work that is needed to get them looking ok.

The problem I have is with the brittleness of parts of the plastic.

I do feel sorry for anyone with limited modelling skills if they were to approach one of these kits.

But then again we all have to learn somewhere.

Would I buy another? I'll have to see:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all looking very good Ralph,nice start to all,

a job well done on the building and like how you have made the roofs,as they do look better, ;)

what I do real like is the brick work on them,

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
all looking very good Ralph,nice start to all,
a job well done on the building and like how you have made the roofs,as they do look better, ;)

what I do real like is the brick work on them,
Thanks Monica. :smiling3: