Ralph's first real diorama (Untitled)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
do like the idea and placement you have done, ;)
just got to love these moggy,always up to no good when your not watching them,:confused: :D
Thanks for the kind words Monica. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Looking very good so far Ralph!
Anyway....why you don't build a closer street with different levels?

Using stairs and some trees...just looking for a more attractive general view. Create different "worlds" on the diorama that come together nicely and gives a separately sensation of live.

Errr...is only a suggestion :confused:
Thanks for the kind words Polux:smiling3:.

I understand what you mean Polux.I can't see a use for stairs but I already thought of having a couple of trees between the church and the railings:smiling3:.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
The buildings look great so do the figures and the cart and horses liking what you are doing so far.
Scott
Thanks for the kind words Scott:smiling3:.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Great work so far Ralph the scene is coming along very nicely.
But are you following Jim with the horses? And who threw the spears at them :smiling3:
Thanks for the nice and funny comments Ian:smiling3:.

It was the Indians,they turned up on the wrong filmset:p:smiling3: :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friends.

This project is now cancelled permanently.

I feel that I have took on too much and it was making me unwell in my mind.It felt like a chore as opposed to fun.

I'm more comfortable working on one kit at a time and that is what I will be doing.

All the best.

Ralph.

F

Fenlander

I can understand that and respect your decision Ralph. It is a shame but you know best what you can do.

Can I suggest that you consider doing each piece as an individual with a view to re looking at the dio when you have them all done as single enteties?

obviously you know how to deal with this best so it us your call mate.

D

Deleted member 4539

I can understand that and respect your decision Ralph. It is a shame but you know best what you can do.

Can I suggest that you consider doing each piece as an individual with a view to re looking at the dio when you have them all done as single enteties?

obviously you know how to deal with this best so it us your call mate.

Thanks Graham.

What I have won't be wasted.What I will be doing is a few small vignettes,where I can concentrate on something smaller and put my best work into it.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Friends.

This project is now cancelled permanently.

I feel that I have took on too much and it was making me unwell in my mind.It felt like a chore as opposed to fun.

I'm more comfortable working on one kit at a time and that is what I will be doing.

All the best.

Ralph.

Sorry to hear that Ralph but modeling should be fun so you've done the right thing.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I can understand your feelings Ralph, I too sometimes think I've bitten off more than I can chew, I myself adhere to Grahams view of doing each element of the dio as a separate work with the future intent of relating it into the dio as I am doing with "Horror". If I had to try to encompass it all at once in my mind it could be a bit boggling. Is there any way to keep your kitty out of your modeling room? I must admit I do have much experience with large dios but everyone must start somewhere, try to stick with it. I believe with your skills it will be a stunner when all done. Don't worry about the time element after all what's the rush, we'll all still be here and will be looking forward to your updates. You can always take a break and fiddle with a smaller project as I often do when I feel a bit stale on a large dio, some of my larger projects could take up to a year to finally complete, so what. If I can do it I know you can ;) ....Jim :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

I can understand your feelings Ralph, I too sometimes think I've bitten off more than I can chew, I myself adhere to Grahams view of doing each element of the dio as a separate work with the future intent of relating it into the dio as I am doing with "Horror". If I had to try to encompass it all at once in my mind it could be a bit boggling. Is there any way to keep your kitty out of your modeling room? I must admit I do have much experience with large dios but everyone must start somewhere, try to stick with it. I believe with your skills it will be a stunner when all done. Don't worry about the time element after all what's the rush, we'll all still be here and will be looking forward to your updates. You can always take a break and fiddle with a smaller project as I often do when I feel a bit stale on a large dio, some of my larger projects could take up to a year to finally complete, so what. If I can do it I know you can ;) ....Jim :smiling3:

Thanks for your kind sentiments Jim. :smiling3:

I'm firmly in the thought that I will not be doing the diorama.

Nothing will be wasted though as I will be using them in separate smaller vignettes.

I have to think about my mental health and what my mind can cope with.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks for your kind sentiments Jim. :smiling3:

I'm firmly in the thought that I will not be doing the diorama.

Nothing will be wasted though as I will be using them in separate smaller vignettes.

I have to think about my mental health and what my mind can cope with.

As you wish....Jim :smiling3:

A

american

I have a feeling it is going to be something great! I will be watching your progress!

D

Deleted member 4539

I have a feeling it is going to be something great! I will be watching your progress!

Hi Catalin.

I'm sorry to say that I cancelled doing this diorama as I took on too much, and due to my mental health I've decided to stick to one model at a time.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
sorry to hear that you have cancelled this one,but your health is very much more important,than plastic,

will lookout for the bits else where, :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

sorry to hear that you have cancelled this one,but your health is very much more important,than plastic,

will lookout for the bits else where, :smiling3:

Thanks for your thoughts Monica. :smiling3:

3 of the figures are going to be with the kubelwagen.