Revell M113 A1

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
and i forgot to add top build for your first amour build mine went in the bin when i glued the entire thing to the desk when doing the tracks..

S

sausagefingers

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

@ geegad - I bought the kit after seeing your fantastic build.That really is something for me to aim for,I must have looked at it more than a dozen times.

Great attention to detail with superb weathering,the exact opposite of what I achieved :smiling3:

I enjoyed building it even if it didn't turn out anything like I envisaged but hopefully I'm learning and the next one will turn out a little better

Thanks again, Mick

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
and thats what this is all about enjoying your self and you have done a superb job on yours dont knock your self and as you said its your first build at that rate i will be learning off you too soon..just enjoy and learn i still am doing both look forward to your next build mick

john

W

Weeman0000

That looks really good, i hope my first and second attempts look half as good as that!

C

chris2681

All this needs is a good drybrush to bring out and push back some details. I use a blackwash on the whole vehicle and then drybrush color over it. Then I go over it another couple times with different colors to bring out whatever effects Im going for.

C

chris2681

Sorry the wife was yappin in my ear , I forgot to say that for a first attempt its damn good! ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I myself was in the doldrums for about 20 years, only started serious building again about 3 or 4 years ago. Gave a bit of a tutorial on washing and dry brushing in my "Duster AAASPG" thread in

"completed armored veh" forum, I made a mention of it then my friend Amos asked for more details so I went on a rant. Hope you find it helpful, something about a "Help" section coming up we'll see , maybe I'll post another on that subject in near future in it's proper place. Build looks good IMO for being so long out of it ;) Just stay at it eventually all will come together for you I'm sure.....Cheers Jim

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking build Mick ........... Don't be putting yourself down. This hobby is one damn great learning curve for all of us ....... All any of us can do is strive to get the next build better ........ I'll look forward to your next one Matey.

Peter