Rick’s 1-87 Mil MI-24D Hind SDV model

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's the first step of this GB for me with box art and sprue/decal shots....I'll need to study this a bit to see what I have to do on the inside paint wise before I can actually start assembling it....not used to so many widgets!:thinking: Rick H.P1012110.JPGP1012111.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm laffing JR cause it's gonna be awhile figgering out this whirly wingy thing so I don't have to back up and dismantle stuff I did out of sequence.......sorry about the lack of refreshments, if the ever tardy Mr. Dewire shows up, put him in charge and get the juice flowing! Thanks for dropping in Sir, I shall try not to disappoint! Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm laffing JR cause it's gonna be awhile figgering out this whirly wingy thing so I don't have to back up and dismantle stuff I did out of sequence.......sorry about the lack of refreshments, if the ever tardy Mr. Dewire shows up, put him in charge and get the juice flowing! Thanks for dropping in Sir, I shall try not to disappoint! Rick H.
Well if we have to wait for Allen to show up I shall have to do the refreshments myself .Still if your going to be taking some time I'll go for a walk around the lake Rick .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
MAKE ROOM MAKE ROOM for little ow me as well will there be cake John as i dont eat much so half the big cake will do lol as got to have a fair sized bit to take for jen lol
chris b

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Madels,

I finally made it to the show! Been out for a week doing the scratchy thing in a plastic orgy at home. Gonna try to keep up with y'all now. So let's go Rick..........Oh, and someone go and find Dude 2 before the Alligators get him on his walk around the lake...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here it is, the first update........not really, just checking the fit. After seeing what other folks have been dealing with as far as fit issues go, I thought I'd check the fuselage to see if there was a worm in it........yup, found it on the chin of this critter just under the nose. A nice step.....I can move it up to where it's supposed to be but if I do that, I probably will lose the "fit" of the canopy in the process. The rest of the fuselage is the bomb and there is hardly any flash, so thankful for that. The Pic is what I am looking at for the finished product........definitely a Rooskie Chopper. Rick H.P1012121.JPGP1012119.JPGP1012120.JPGP1012118.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't worry about me Rick, 570 will soon move as he's sat on the flare gun I carry. Oh and don't worry about refreshments, I see Dude1 has turned up.

Those choppers an't doing very well in a certain pace at the moment, seem not to be as good as they thought.
Hi Rick
I'm in. Sitting and waiting. If JR is now in charge of refreshments they'll be green or burned or both. I'll bring my own.
Jim
Jim, I'll make a fine Walnut Sponge, with out any 4BO colouring if you want.;):smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right.........now that we are all here, I have been checking the canopy fit and as suspected it has "gremlins"! I had been warned by Paul E. awhile back about sdv models poor fit on some of their tank kits.....appears they have carried it over to their flying things as well. And yes the wipers are molded into the windscreens also.....I may take a stab at removing them and polishing out the scratches so I can install real wipers..........we'll see.:thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think I have solved the nose fit problem........I discovered when installing the cockpit/interior module (for a trial fit) that the gap got even worse. After further investigation I found that there were a few raised "Dots" inside the fuselage that collided with the module so ground them off then I noticed that one side of the bulkhead that separated the cockpit from the W/O position in the nose, was contacting the inside of the r/h fuselage half so out came the file and Voila (pronounced "Wa La" for those wot ain't cultured;)) and problem solved....not perfect but will work for my purposes. Next will be the interior painting as soon as I can whip up some of that funky Rooskie turquoise cockpit paint. Rick H.P1012122.JPG